I tried a clay bar for the first time and wow...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Tommy, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Tommy

Tommy Long Member Standing

I went and washed the SVT tonite for the second time since I owned it. Anyways, I go to dry the hood and it feels gritty like sandpaper. I couldn't figure out how it got like that since it wasn't like that back in the beginning of July. So I pull out my bottle of Meguiar's Body Scrub and rub a small spot. It's not working. So I grabbed my bottle of fine cut cleaner and tried a small spot. Not working. :(

The sun is starting to set and I wanted to wax the car so I jumped into my Camaro and ran to Pepboys. I picked up Mother's Clay Magic bar with the liquid detailer. Took it home and tried it.

WOW! It was pulling all sorts of crazy stuff off the hood. It was so bad the bar was sticking to the paint and I had it fully wetted it down. Long story longer, I clayed the whole hood a second time and it turned to smooth as glass. I wanted to clay the whole car after seeing the results, but mother nature had me on a deadline. I waxed the car with the S100 stuff Scottwax mentioned and it looks incredible. The car looks wet.
    :cool: :bigthumb:

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Yes, the clay is definately an impressive product. I have yet to try S100, but I will as soon as I use up the rest of my #26 that I have left.

3. luvthong

luvthong Guest

can you post some pics?:bigthumb:

4. nordaim

nordaim Guest

I would also recommend using the clay on your windshield. I did cleaned my windows with some eagle 20/20, then clayed a section of my window, came back pretty dirty.

Cleaned the window again to remove any residue from the clay lube, and I have never seen glass that clean.

Quite nice.

5. Tommy

Tommy Long Member Standing

I, unfortunatley, do not have a digital camera. I was gonna buy one last month, but I was hit with a big bill that I needed to pay instead.

I stopped by my part time job tonite to pick something up and some of the guys came over and started drooling on the car saying how great it looked in the sunset lighting. The Toredo Red paint lit up beautifully. I almost drew a tear.:bigthumb:

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

In addition, you can use Fine Cut #2 on the windshield for even more clarity after claying. Follow with 20/20 and it will be crystal clear.