I took the cockiness too far tonight

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Nev, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I went out to the bar, and I was in a great mood. I felt on top of the world to be honest. I was having a good time from the moment I got there. I probably had 10-15 girls in total come up to me and start talking...but then comes the problem. I took the cocky/confidence level wayyyyyy too far and became a complete fucking asshole. I didn't really realize how bad it was until just now. Oh well. Live and learn I guess. :o

2. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

nah, i kinda knew it was going overboard, but i was just in that kind of mood tonight. Like, it wasn't evne cocky/funny..it was absolute complete fucking asshole.

The funny thing is that one of them iss in my tax accounting class and still gave me her # at the end of the night, after she said she hated me and was pissed at me...and not in a nice/playful way at all...i know the difference :rofl:

but then again, the girl who i was supposed to hook up with tonight sent me some txt messages but never followed through :down:

3. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Being cocky is awesome, as long as EVERYONE is having a good time. This is why cocky comedy works so well. You DHV and keep everyone around you having fun at the same time. Basically this subcommunicates that you are able to lead her emotions.

4. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

Nope everyone wasn't having a good time, i pissed girls off all night :rofl:

5. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

You sound like you might enjoy that a bit to much... into S&M? :mamoru:

6. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

Huh? no.

7. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

Yeah, I know...which is what I normally do. Hence the thread title that says I took it too far.

8. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I have a naturally cocky personality, but because of the way I was raised and also my social conditioning, I believed it was "wrong" and "bad" to let this side of myself out.

So when I started on my path of self-improvement, I found that initially I would oftentimes go overboard - like you did. I think this is natural.

Think of three lines. The far left is passive good boy, the middle is cocky, and the far right is horrible asshole. When you are moving from the left line to the middle, you will sometimes over-correct and end up in asshole territory.

What is important here is that you realized it and in the future you will be more likely to hit the middle ground. And eventually you will mostly be in the middle with occasional forays to the left or right. Hope that made sense :)

9. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

See, i'm like that naturally too, but the way that I was brought up was to let it out and fuck with people all the time. Many people don't get my personality, but i was honestly raised lto tease and be teased constantly by friends and family. Every weekend our whole family (aunts, uncles, everyone) got together when I was a kid. Big family and everyone just played cards, drank, and bullshit. We all constantly gave each other shit, and got it back in return...but it was in good fun. Some people may think that sounds fucked up, but who knows.

I think that conditioned me to give people shit all the time. The problem with that is when I do it on top of being drunk and cocky, i turn into a 100% asshole, i'll admit it. :o

Also, I might start a log like JJJ .. it could be a fun experience.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006