I told my gf to lose her tummy...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ChronoJ1, Jan 10, 2007.

1. ChronoJ1

ChronoJ1 From behind

And of course she went all ape-shit on me. But i understand why she'd be offended. We've been together for a year now, and ever since we've been together she started gaining some weight on her belly. She was complaining herself when she looked in the mirror, but i don't know what's so outrageous about me bringing it up, so she'd do something about it.

So i know this is not sex related, but since a lot of ladies frequent here, I thought i'd get the right answer.

What kind of exercise can she do at home to work on her abs/belly? She doesn't have any equipment at home, so it has to be something she can do easily at home.

Thanks in advance.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I'm going to skip my opinions and just go straight to the fact that you can do a tons of workouts for your stomach without using weights, and even her buying some 15 lb ones would be great too.

3. MagicGAT

MagicGAT New Member

kudos for the honesty :rofl:

maybe you should tell her your gonna work in something she doesnt like about you to chill her out :dunno:

4. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

You can't spot reduce fat.

The best thing you can do is make sure she notices other women noticing you. Those pounds will fly off.

5. lauren

lauren Active Member

excercise portion control and meal selection and maybe a little running. :hsugh:

6. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

it's gotta be an overall fatloss. Just because you have strong abs doesn't make a tummy go away (i know because even at 212, i had killer muscles and could do situps for hours without stopping and was still a fucking cow).

if she's eating like shit, stop her. If she drinks a lot of beer, stop her. Empty calories = tummy fat. More cardio and so weights and she should be fit as a fiddle

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Abs are made in the kitchen.

8. armond

armond New Member

fat loss is done in only two ways...

diet and exercise. even lifting weights will reduce fat. you CANNOT spot reduce, so do you not even say something like 5 sets of 50 crunches or anything so absurd. but make sure she does do some abdominal work, it is good to have a strong midsection. best bet for losing fat percentage is go ahead and put her on some cardio, i suggest something that can be intense but also can be eased into. i think jump roping and running are two good examples...

change the diet, make her aware of the nutritional facts(located on that white label on the back of the box LOL), and get her active. find activities for the two of you to do outside. get bicycles together, go hiking, swimming, etc... do it with her, it will make it easier

9. teo

teo . => ? => !

:werd:

This is so true. If she wants to lose the belly fat (and the will to lose it has to come from her) she has to stop snacking on crap and start eating leaner foods. This is best done in conjunction with a fitness plan - cardio excercises will help her lean out. Go ask for more detailed advice in F&N.

10. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

Cardio and eating half of what she's eating now.

11. dfletch01

dfletch01 New Member

Thank you so much for telling her how it is. I was stuck in a bad relationship for so long and the gf "let herself go" and complained about it, yet still did nothing to fix it. Now that I dumped her she's practically anorexic! F--- her!!! (literally ;))

12. ChronoJ1

ChronoJ1 From behind

Great advices so far. Thank you.

So percentage wise, what would you emphasize the most. I want to keep bugging her and exercise together/ eat together, so she goes back to her old self.

Out of 100%: Cardio, amount of food, quality of food (healthier):

13. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

You really don't want to put a percentage on it.

I'm biased in that I'm a fitness freak, so I obviously will give them all equal weightings.

Basically eat smaller, healthy meals while getting enough exercise. The weight will fly off. But it has to be her choice, not yours. If she doesn't want to lose weight then she won't. If she does want to lose weight, then you can help her. Exercise with her, cook better meals for her etc.

14. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Fitness aside, if she doesn't feel like getting in shape she will not. The key is HOW you motivate her. Telling her that she's gotten a little soft around the midsection is not a good start.

15. Memor

Memor Active Member

16. idonno

idonno Guest

You said that, and you're still alive?! Consider yourself lucky, my friend.

17. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

:rolleyes:

18. kiri

kiri New Member

if you want her to have a fit stomach, encourage her to go to pilates class! not only is it fun, but it gives you a toned stomach/back very quickly (especially if all you need is to get rid of a little tummy)

19. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I'd love to see some pictures of you or to see what she would like you to change about yourself ;)

20. Injected1

Injected1 New Member

Listen to this man. He nailed it.. Fat = storage of unburned calories.

Exerting the same amount of calories as you take in that day will KEEP you at your current weight.

Introduce more exertion into that through physical activity and you will start tapping into your fat reserves. (losing fat)

Along with the increased exercise, you can reduce you daily caloric intake say 100-200 calories a day each week down to your extreme fat loss intake, which is different for all ppl and quite a bit below maintenance. (look it up online for her height\weight\age\activity level) This means Monday-Sunday you normally eat for example 2300 calories a day.. The first week drop it to 2100 per day... The next week 2000 per day. You don't want to drop much more than that or your(her) metabolism may slow down. The gradual drop won't affect it much if at all.

If you couple that type diet, cut out simple sugar\carbs that get burnt almost instantly with no effort, get her to eat the correct amount of protein\fats\carbs, and do and do cardio then the fat will come off.. Couple that with a little weight training or sit ups\crunches to put some definition in the muscles and she'll have that sexy stomach back and will probably be even better.

21. Injected1

Injected1 New Member

The best way to get her to change is to make a change in YOUR lifestyle to make fitness a big part of it.. When she sees you eating right and hitting the gym, she'll notice a positive change in you be it fat loss if it's necessary, increased tone, or increased muscle mass.. This will show her results and she will see that it CAN be done... I did this and my GF now uses me as her trainer, begs to go to the gym with me, and asks me what she should\shouldn't eat. Why does she do that? Because she has seen me go from a 6'1" 185-190 ish guy that wasn't that impressive looking to my current 210-215 with 12-13% bodyfat.. I'm much happier now too. She knows that what I'm doing works and she wants it to work for her as well. She also enjoys spending time with me and participating in what I enjoy. (working out)

The first step is letting her know that she has the problem, (which you've already done. LOL) the next one is motivating her to take care of it. Above is a great way to do that. Each persons lifestyle in a relationship has an effect on the others. If you want to make a positive change in hers, then show her the way.

22. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

:werd:

This is the only guy who has had any good advice WHATSOEVER in this thread.

She's gaining weight because you're (nothing personal!) an asshole to her :squint: and she's not happy in the relationship. Now that you went and (basically) bitch slapped her, she's even LESS likely to want to lose weight.

As mentioned, once you dump her she will lose all of the weight. Why? Simply because she is happy being without a jerk.

We were just talking about this here:
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2979133

He said he was on eggshells when talking to her about this (and maybe you should be a little MORE cautious!) so I said...

She's probably not happy. I'd say you should let us know why, or if you don't know why then you need to find out.

23. guiltybystand3r

guiltybystand3r On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for e

like the weighted hulla hoop :bowdown:

24. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

lol, you trying to tell me to lose weight mister?

25. GreyRS

GreyRS Your ignorance cramps my conversation.

Why would you assume she is not happy with him or their relationship? Lots of men and women gain weight once the consider themselves to be in a happy and commited relationship. It is often a sign of contenment. As long as he was honest with her and not mean or disrepectful when making his request then, there really should not be a big deal about his request. It may just come down to two choices though-
    Is she willing to make an effort to change in a way that will make him happy?
    Is he willing to stay if she chooses not to?