LGBT I think that PDA's and Blackberry's......

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Josey, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Josey

Josey New Member

....are gonna be the end to humanity. 1st off, what GENIOUS...decided to use a WINDBLOWS operating system to run a goddamn PHONE....I've spent 5 hrs today fuckin w/mine and I'm still not done

2. mamoru

mamoru New Member

I avoid Windows machines like the plague. I've never had a phone or windows computer that functioned correctly. The only good thing about my old Motorola Q was that I was able to access the SMS archives and view them individually.

BUT, I disagree with your statement about Blackberries. I went out and bought an iPhone (I'm a hardcore Mac fan as are most fags) and it was the single most WORST phone I've ever used. Ok, so you can zoom on a pic, big shit. Other than that it doesnt send mms, can't delete multiple emails, etc...overall wasn't thrilled.

But Blackberries, I went from a Pearl (to an iphone for a day cracked for Tmobile) and then to the Curve. Hands down the best phone I've ever owned. Easily updated my address book and contacts, my emails all come in, it's easy to type on it, it has amazing media management for my mp3's (I'm trying to ween off multiple devices and just carry one).

Honestly, I can't imagine having anything but a Blackberry...they are stellar phones with VERY intuitive operations.

Windows mobile is horrible horrible horrible.!!!

3. Josey

Josey New Member

I agree about the windblows part, but you haven't convinced me that cell phones won't be the death of us all

4. vlsi0n

vlsi0n New Member

What OS do you use josey?

5. Josey

Josey New Member

windblows mobile 6.0

6. vlsi0n

vlsi0n New Member

At least you have the latest version out - have you used the older ones.
    Hang in there, 6.1 is supposed to have interface improvements, and 7 is supposed to be ultra futuristic with motion capabilities :hsd:

7. Josey

Josey New Member

I had to nearly sacrifice a small goat just to find 6.0 to upgrade too..I had 5.whatthefuckever.... w/all that money you'd think bill gates could persuade a programmer from apple to come over and teach Microsoft how to build a stable OS...but that'd be too logical

8. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

WM6 ain't bad but it isn't great either. My Blackberry makes my life so much easier...don't go anywhere without it. Blackberry + unlimited international data and calling ftw.

Can't wait to see the Android prototypes...should be really cool.

9. :|

:| Guest

how much does that cost? i think i might get a cell phone in the US, and just use it in canada (my home) since it'll probably be cheaper

10. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

It's pretty expensive:

$39.99 - 450 minutes voice + rollover + unlimited nights and weekends
    $64.99 - Blackberry International data
    $5.99 - AT&T World Traveler (provides discounted per minute rates by country)

It's like $111 + taxes...so probably like $125 a month + per minute voice usage.

11. :|

here's a local one

90 dollars is 25 mb of data transfer on Blackberry enterprise server or blackberry internet service only, 350 weekday minutes, unlimited evenings and weekdays

for mobile internet service, it's 1$ per megabyte

12. mamoru

mamoru New Member

:eek3: Its like 90 a month for me with international data tacked on for T-Mobile.

You pay too much for AT&T!!!

Plus I have 900 minutes, my faves, unlim mobile to mobile, unlim texts and unlim data!! The international plan is an extra 20/month, turn it on and off when i please...99c a minute when outside of the states, not too bad!

13. :|

99 cents a minute is horrible :/

14. mamoru

mamoru New Member

when using a phone overseas? :confused:

I have wifi on my phone and can make skype calls...

Other than that I get 900/min a month that I rarely go over.

:confused: But most companies I know like Verizon charge MORE per minute than T-mobile when roaming in Europe or the Islands...

My bill looks reasonable after my trips compared to my parents who use Verizon and get shafted.

But Blackberry messenger keeps my whole family in touch :love:

15. :|

mine is 95 cents a minute while you're out of country, and that's shit :/

16. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

The iPhone look pretty awesome. I can't imagine how you wouldn't be able to delete multiple e-mails on the iPhone seeing as how it has web access and therefore webmail will allow you to do that. Also the need for MMS is for phones that don't have web access. I guess using a half hearted hacked iPhone could change your view on it but the full working versions with the newest version of the OS is pretty unbeatable.

You don't sell that many phones in such a short time because they are shit. Hype can only do so much for your phone sales.

17. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

voyager FTW

verizon FTL

18. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

i have actually hear the complete opposite of that...
    verizon coverage is awesome, but the voyager touch screen doesnt work very well and its a bit frustrating

19. Virality

Virality New Member

T-mobile wing FTW...the few days I got to play with it

20. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

yea the touch screen could use ALOT of refinement (one reason i grow my thumb nail out....it makes better contact :o)

verizon has AWESOME service, but they lock EVERYthing in the phone

21. Josey

Josey New Member

I have a T-Mobile Dash and a Verizon Air card for my laptop...the Verizon card always seems to have connectivity...the Tmobile won't sometimes if I'm in a remote area on a rig or something...

22. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

Work pays for it all so I don't really care. Also have a Verizon PC card so work probably pays around $200 a month for my cell phones. Throw in Comcast at home and work pays $275 a month for my connectivity :mamoru:

23. boeingair

boeingair New Member

interesting--does your touchscreen respond to any kind of contact (even things like plastic or cloth)?

my iPhone's screen only responds to skin--touching it with only my fingernail doesnt register anything :-/

24. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...I KNOW! I've had a palm device since Jr High School. So, you know that when Palm introduced Treo, I have been all on it. Seamless integration. Well, when I went home to the States in December, I decide to purchase another Treo. I currently had a Treo 650 (which uses Palm OS). I purchased a Treo 750 (which uses Windows Mobile), and I hate it. There is no easy way to migrate my nearly 700 contacts because the OS are so different. Palm was like, BT each contact individually. Who the hell has that kind of time?

I'm thinking of ordering a Treo 700 from ebay. It still uses Palm OS, or rather, they gave you the option.

25. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

..oh, and the Windows device will not let me turn down the system sounds (ie, key tones), because then the alarms will not work. Stuuuuuupid.