I think Mystery is a bullshitter

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mr.RollingStone, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Seriously, I saw his little interview on Conan, and the people were so obviously laughing at him, not with him. This fool walks out looking like some Dungeons and Dragons character, and no one really respected him from the beginning. What kind of girls actually fall for this bullshit?

To top it off, he was wearing a pair of binoculars. That's right friends not in the know, a fucking pair of binoculars around his neck. Unbelievable!!! Any respectible girl would cut his balls off just for looking at her, this dude is such a fucking tool.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

So? Who cares? If you don't like him, why worry about it?

3. Oh I'm not worried about it at all, I'm just making a simple observation and using the power of the internet to voice my opinion on it and read others' opinions.

4. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

WHY ARE YOU STRESSING IT MAN????

jk

I think Mystery does pretty well.. he just doesn't know talkshow game, like Style does if u watch him

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I was embaressed to have liked his book when I saw style on that talkshow and he completely choked on "why don't you give us a quick demonstration?"

None of the pua all stars ive ever seen on video have ever seemed any better then pathetic. Granted, ive watched very little of it, but what I have seen was bad.

6. giz

giz Active Member

pick-up doesn't seem to translate very well to video, especially when somebody is trying to simply give a "demonstration."

Mystery on Conan was terrible, but that doesn't take away from anything he has written/accomplished.

7. JohnJohnJohnson

go see him with jessica alba if u need a more polished performance. you were expecting super heroes and you found normal guys, with incredible experiences and extraordinary belief systems, who knew nothing about being on television. nothing less or more

8. Still, these scam artists boast of being the alpha male and instead they act like beaten puppies when actually confronted on their knowledge.

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

You obviously don't have a very good understanding of how attraction works.

This is your social conditioning talking.

You believe it wouldn't work for you, therefore it wouldn't.

You might want to see my thread "Differentiate Yourself From the Other 9 Guys."

Its obvious that when you interact with women, you do what every other guy does and women and tired and bored of it. Then Mystery comes along and he's SO DIFFERENT from the other 9 guys, that alone puts the situation in his favor.

10. Actually I do differientiate myself when I talk to girls; I actually have personality, therefore I don't need to wear a stupid pair of binoculars on my neck. I understand it's good to be different and original but man, fucking binoculars!?!?!? I honestly do not need that to generate attraction, I have way much more to offer than to have to "peacock" with such petty objects on my neck.

11. JohnJohnJohnson

who cares? go do your own thing if it doesn't work for you

12. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I don't do that either, however I understand why and how it works FOR HIMI.

What does it matter what guys think? When my hair is long, guys think its stupid and I catch a lot of shit, but women love it.

13. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I think you missed the point.

Guys think its stupid, yet women like it.

14. JohnJohnJohnson

This is all that really matters, logically speaking.

Resume ranting

15. giz

giz Active Member

True that.

And Mystery just might carry himself differently based on his binoculars or goggles.

In the end, Mystery picks up on women based on his charisma, charm, and personality just like anybody else does. In fact, I'd say he is a much more interesting person to talk to than 98% of the people on OT.

16. I would honestly like to see this guy go to bars and clubs and pick up women. I would put money on it that he will get rejected more than he actually gets numbers. The money I will put on that would be if I see him suceed, I'll buy his book out of respect.

I'd have to see this for myself though, I don't believee in T.V.

Now you could always say so what if he doesn't suceed? His advice still stands. Not true. Wouldn't you learn how to play violin from a violin player?

17. giz

giz Active Member

Dude, he didn't become as popular as he is because he's a failure. Just get that idea out of your mind right now.

18. He's not that popular. The "PUA community" is not a billion dollar industry. 99% of people don't know who the fuck he is, the only reason I even gave him any attention was because I heard how terrible he was on Conan.

19. giz

giz Active Member

He is popular within his community.

Not to mention the fact that he has been on late night talk shows, run college seminars, and was a main character in a best-selling book.

He's popular enough that we are having this discussion.

20. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Mystery's problem is that once he picks up a woman, he can't keep her. I think it's sad. It's like knowing how to catch a fish, but not to cook it - he's starving for a real love.

He even writes in his book how he met the woman of his dreams and she dumped him later. Poor guy.

21. JohnJohnJohnson

Why even argue this? Unfortunately it may be to our benefit if mainstream culture rejects the community.

22. giz

giz Active Member

In terms of what somebody like David D teaches, I would have to disagree.

Not that I would consider his material "manipulative" however.

23. giz

giz Active Member

I can agree that Mystery, or anybody who follows a strict method, comes off as more manipulative than your average person (once revealed, otherwise they come off as spontaneous, etc.). But I think some people need that type of rigorous structure to be successful.

24. Do you think she dumped him because he fell prey to his own advice? He used the seduction techniques and all that where you basically Push-Pull, the way most guys would get any girl interested in them, but then once he fell in love he just gave her too much and he became uninteresting.

I'm wondering so this never happens to me (again).

25. giz

giz Active Member

I would assume that is what happened, but then again, you can only be too push-pull for so long before it becomes aggrivating. To maintain a healthy relationship, imo, you can't give in all the time, but you also can't play cat-and-mouse constantly either.

Bottom line is, he doesn't know how to maintain a relationship.