I think my GF has a UTI.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by MongooseGA, Mar 4, 2007.

1. MongooseGA

MongooseGA New Member

So I think my GF has a UTI, but we're not sure.

Last night we did a little internet searching and she's got a few of the symptoms like frequent need to pee, then not being able to/only getting out a few drops, discomfort when she pees, discomfort after peeing or after sex, slight nausea, back pain...

I think I might have an idea of what might have caused it. After some research last night I saw that some spermicides might have something to do with it. We recently started using KY Silk lube for when I don't use a condom (she's on the pill). I know it's not a spermicide, but is it possible they can be related? She normally pees right after sex, but it could be overnight before she takes a shower to thoroughly clean herself afterwards. Also, I don't have a huge penis so I doub't it's because I'm just hitting her too deep or anything.

It started last week, which coincidentally was the first time we tried sex facing each other (both sort of sitting up, my legs wrapped around her, penis directly into the vag). She thinks maybe that hit her wrong, but I dunno...

Are there any concrete ways to tell that she has a UTI w/o seeing a doctor? She has this hang up about doctors and avoids them at all costs. I read that baking soda and water could help, assuming it is a UTI. I just don't want her to be in any more discomfort.

TIA

2. Reign

Reign Banned

Not taking a piss after having sex is usually the biggest cause.

They're no big deal, go to the doctor, get some medicine, let her get better.

3. fray

fray New Member

Sometimes UTI can be a symptom of something else as well. Sorry, but I'd encourage her to go to a doctor anyway.

4. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

She needs to get to the doc stat. A bladder infection can back up to the kidneys which can be fatal. She needs antibiotics stat.

5. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Yeah, your girlfriend needs to see a doctor. UTI's aren't something to mess around with. Sex in general could have caused them, I wouldn't worry too much about the cause. I have a friend who gets them vey frequently, and has been with the same partner for over 3 years. Getting rid of them isn't a big deal once the doctor prescribes her a medication.

6. MongooseGA

MongooseGA New Member

Are there any sites y'all can reccomend to me? She's not American, and like I said, she's very skeptical about doctors here in the states. If I can show her something in writing that says hit up a doc, then that could help persuade her. No, this thread isn't an option.

7. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I get them all the time, just need some anti-biotics.

8. fray

fray New Member

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Damn, when I had a UTI I was in pain and went to the doctor right away. It sounds like she does and if she wants to pee normally and not ache in the vaginal area she needs to hurry up and go get some meds.

10. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Until she gets an appt with her MD, she can take an over the counter temporary pain reliever called AZO. This will lessen the burn and general crappy feelings she has right now and warn her, this will also turn her urine BRIGHT orange or red. This is temporary, not a cure, only a bandaid til she can get to the doc.

11. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Have her drink lots of water and cranberry juice to help flush out the bacteria. There are also OTC tests that you can buy that will tell her if she has one or not. I had what I'm pretty sure was a UTI once and I never saw a doctor, I just drank lots of cranberry juice and water and it went away on it's own after a few days :dunno: It's still best to see a doctor though.

12. MongooseGA

MongooseGA New Member

thanks for the planned parenthood link. we go there for her pills so she should heed their advice.

13. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Please note that it is NOT healthy to drink as much cranberry juice as you possibly can. There are limits to how much should be drunk in one day or you can have the opposite effect of what you want it to do. My doctor does not want me drinking more than 12 ounces of pure cranberry juice (notice I said pure and not a coctail-coctails don't do very much for you anyways) in a day.

14. gkremian

gkremian New Member

Here is some advice: If there is something wrong with your body, and there is a pretty good chance that there is an infection- go to the doctor. If you can't afford it, then I dunno... but I'd rather not play with my life. A kid somewhere in the US recently died from an infection in his tooth that moved to his brain. $90 bucks would have saved his life, and he never got it taken care of because his family more or less ignored it. Don't ignore shit that is wrong with your body, because clearly your body wasn't designed to handle it.

15. MongooseGA

MongooseGA New Member

ok, so I just thought of this... is it kind of a no-no to go down on her while she's got this problem going on? assume worst case scenario is a uti, what would happen to me from giving her oral? because apparently me being inside her during intercourse is what kind of triggered the discomfort again after a few days of being back to normal. so, I'm avoiding that until everything gets resolved, I just don't want to leave her hanging if she does anything for me. I like to do things for her :)