I think I've lost that loving feeling for this hobby.........

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Faceless, May 30, 2005.

1. Faceless

Faceless New Member

Yes, you read the title right.

I sold my Z28 back in April of '04 and was without a "toy" until December of '04 when I picked up my GT. Since December, I have done several things to the car & it looks & runs great IMO. Ran great when I bought it so most of the mods I have done are misc. things & appearance mods.

Anyway, I clean & modify the car 100 times more than I drive it! Today was the first time that I actually drove it more than 1 mile in a few weeks. I decided to just take a joyride and ended up driving about 40 miles. [​IMG]

I just didn't get that "I love this" feeling and I haven't gotten in a while. Don't get me wrong, it's fun ripping through the gears & listening to the exhaust & then the lope at idle, but I don't think it's enough to warrant me staying in this hobby right now. [​IMG]

The car doesn't cost me a dime (besides insurance) to be parked and I could just hang onto it and hope that I get that urge again. The car is parked 99% of the time right now anyway since I rarely drive it for fear of something happening to it. [​IMG]

I was planning on adding an S-Trim next year. Maybe after that I'd be gung-ho again. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't know if I want to just sit on it or sell it & have that big chunk of cash in the bank. I do plan on buying a house in the next 2 or 3 years. I don't need to sell the car for that, though. I will probably end up just putting it out there to see if I can get anywhere near what I want for it and if not then start pulling a few things off it & lower the price a bit or just keep it. [​IMG]

Thanks for reading. Feel free to add your .02. [​IMG]

2. RunninWild

RunninWild How subtle of you

Well, looks like its time to get a Scion Minivan...because if I DID get a van..thats what I'd get...J/K Sometimes the hobby can get dull..for different reasons, maybe theres nobody to really share it with..Well, a lot of it is like "Man if I had a car that I could also take to like..the lake or the mountains" Kind of a convenience factor..whereas my 05 Mustang GT Roush is so sensitive I am afraid to roll over a cigarette butt somebody may throw out the window..(not literally)...Just keep your head up.

3. Faceless

Faceless New Member

4. Faceless

Faceless New Member

I hear you there. I wish I had more $. I'd be ok then. :rofl:

My Z was also an LT1 :wavey: :bigthumb:

5. Fareo

Fareo New Member

i lost it casue mopar muscle is so damn hard and expensive to fix up. i just put my charger on parked insurance and bought a dakota. maybe when im rich and famous ill bust it back out.:bigthumb:

6. RICKIEFRAT

RICKIEFRAT La Cosa Nostra

Dude, you stang is cleeeeean !!!!!!!

What do you have done to it?

The biggest thing that keeps me in the loop of my car are my friends. There is about 8 of us trying to out do one another.

Start getting into car shows, become more active in local car clubs. And if that don't work. Hang out in Mustang Forums just to shoot the shit. You'd be amaxed how many peeps are there.

What ever you ...... don't sell her. :hs:

7. Faceless

Faceless New Member

Never have time for car clubs. They meet too far away + my work schedule screws that up.

Been thinking about a car show or 2, but I gotta find out when & where first. :x:

I have been on the forums for years. That doesn't help. :hsd:

I'm the only 1 I know w/a Mustang. A friend of mine has a Camaro, but I'm way ahead of him w/no sign on him catching up. :rofl:

8. whelen1

whelen1 New Member

What he said .... he was a helping hand with my money pit, not sure I should :fawk: or :squint: at him.... either way...

9. edrox

edrox A good man, and thorough

To me, the real thrill has always come from having something different from every other swinging dick on the block. I mean no disrespect to Camaro/Mustang fans - they are good cars and have a ton of potential. But, you see 50 a day, so there is not as much of that unique feeling from building a unique car.

This is one reason I like Mopar muscle cars so much - because you are far less likely to see a 1970 GTX than a 1970 Mustang. My current project, though, is a 65 Impala SS (Wife's g-mother bought it new). Not exactly a common car, but not the rarest thing on 4 wheels

10. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

I feel the same way. The cars are fun and all, but it seems I never really have the time to enjoy them anymore.

11. edrox

yeah - like I tell my friends: You need to have 3 things, all at once - 1) time 2) money 3) motivation. If you only have 2 out of 3, nothing will ever get done.

12. RICKIEFRAT

RICKIEFRAT La Cosa Nostra

I don't care that your in a different state ....... I'll still steal your rims. :fawk:

But on this note. Deff make a attemp to hit up the car shows and converse online. Most of my good friends (like ~ whelen1) came from the net by meeting them @ club gatherings.

At least in my area, car shows for the old skool muscle cars will allow Stangs of all years. If you have a oldies radio station in your town, they must have gatherings. Check their web site. :cool:

13. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

Ditch the car and buy a motorcycle.

Learn the ways of the dark side. Once you start down the path of the motorcycle, forever will it dominate your destiny.

It's fun to look at any car on the street and know you can embarass the guy trying to show-off for the big breasted blonde in the passanger seat.

14. Faceless

Faceless New Member

I'd be dead in a week on a bike.

Comparing a bike to a car in the speed area = :greddy:
    Of course it's faster, it's a motor on wheels. :rofl:

15. keleko

keleko yes, he is

OR, you could just give the car to ME :big grin:

i'll be sure to get good use out of it, instaed of you just letting it sit there and slowly rust away

16. Faceless

Faceless New Member

Zero rust on the car, but thanks for playing. :rolleyes:

17. midnite

midnite OT Supporter

sell it to me for 6k :x:

thats a damn nice looking fox

18. keleko

keleko yes, he is

keyword: slowly ;)

brakes rust pretty quick though...

GIMMIE! I NEED A NEW TOY!
    :p

19. midnite

midnite OT Supporter

i love old mopars, but theyre expensive :hs:

20. Faceless

Faceless New Member

$6k? :rofl:

21. edrox

Yeah Chevy/Ford performance is cheaper - mostly because there are so many companies developing parts for those cars. Poor old Ma Mopar gets forgotten. Until someone with enough $ rolls up in a Challenger and everyone says "Oh yeah, Mopar!"

22. midnite

midnite OT Supporter

:o

23. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

Its up to you how you ride it. Learn to actually control the thing and you'd be fine.

You're right, it is faster...don't call it gay because your clunky four wheeled monster can't keep up.

24. Faceless

Faceless New Member

Looks like I am done w/this hobby for a while. I drove the stang for over 100 miles yesterday & it really didn't excite me much. Sure going through the gears on the highway is fun, but you can't go balls to the walls unless you want to lose your license & I don't go to the track much. I guess it'll be gone as soon as the right buyer comes along.

Not much left to do to the stang, but what is left is $$$$$$. Trans & clutch = approx $2k, S-Trim + supporting mods = approx $3k & built short block = $$$. I'm sure the trans & stock short block wouldn't hold up long after the blower went on. Too much $ to spend when I am saving for a house. Sure I could keep the car & just wait till I had the $ for that stuff, but what for? It still doesn't excite me.

I'd like to sell both my cars & get a 2004 TL. Have to wait & see if insurance will go down though. NJ & the rape on auto insurance! :(