I think it's pretty amazing...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Chip Chipperson, May 18, 2007.

1. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

I think it's pretty amazing the extent to which our knowledge of social dynamics and attraction mechanisms in females has progressed in the last few (5-10) years. I just glanced at this thread int he Vag archives from 2002:
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=273642

and the advice was split either on 1) just be yourself! just be confident, too or 2) you gotta be an asshole to get girls!

and the only evidence supporting any post is maybe one or two person experiences by that person.

I think it's totally fantastic that the pickup community has made it possible for the level of discussion and advice on attraction and dating in here to go from 100% based on subjetive, personal opinion, that is entirely helpless, to a point where someone can make a thread and get advice that isn't based on opinion but is instead based on thousands and thousands of social interactions that have consistently shown that one method is clearly preferrable to another.

Unfortunately, sometimes posters don't understand the difference between their opinions on what things should be like based on their feelings, vs. empirically proven fact verified by thousands and thousands of situations. Nevertheless, it is progress.

I'm glad I'm plenty young enough to benefit greatly from this and I thank all of you who keep it real for improving men (and indirectly, women) everywhere... - and I sympathize with you old geezers :p

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  2. SQLee

SQLee The OTer That Cares™

:wavey:

I chose to fix things about myself that I didn't like. I saw my flaws, and decided to change them. It worked. The confidence leads to some cockiness, and thus some asshole behavior. But then you get fucked over by a girl, and voila, more asshole!

3. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Or maybe it just boils down to more of us falling flat and having some input to offer heh. I know I do participate more now than I did back in '04 when I was just a pup.

All in all though I still don't know shit. :rofl: