SRS I think Im ruining my relationship!!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by moni8a, Aug 28, 2006.

1. moni8a

moni8a New Member

So I have been with my boyfriend for about a year and a half. We spend a lot of time together and I have lost contact with a lot of my friends because of that...so I tend to be very clingy and always want to be around my bf when Im not a work or school. We don't live together, but it seems like we practically do. Well I know this is ruining our relationship BIG TIME!!! I think he might be talking to somebody else behind my back thru text messaging and IM. I was willing to give him his space but now that I have this bad feeling that he is talking to somebody else and if I give him his space I have a feeling something more will happen with this other girl. We have talked about breaking up but he wont and says everything is fine, but I just have to learn to give him his space. I don't know what to do??? HELP!

2. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

there is a saying "too little too late"

this could be the case for you.

however, do you have any solid proof that he's been talking to someone else? if you don't, i wouldn't go off the deep end just yet.

it probably would still be a good idea to give him a little bit of break however. you may still be able to salvage things.

but that brings me to my next point. do you really want to? when you put things in perspective, what is really most important to you? your happiness, right? it doesn't sound to me like you're all that terribly happy with the way your situation has turned out. even though you're with your guy, you've lost your friends. and trust me, no matter how good a guy is, its still not worth it if you don't have your buds.

my advice to you, find yourself. spend some time exploring who you are and what you want. spend some time fixing up lost relationships with your friends, go out and meet new people. none of this can hurt you, only make you stronger in your willpower.

that way, if things do work out again with you and your man, you can still find yourself independent enough to maintain healthy relationships with other people while still being with him. you won't be as dependent on him and you'll feel more free.

it'll take some work, but if you get out of the mindset that you need to be with him all the time, i'm pretty sure things will start to work out in your favor.

3. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

and on another note, if you do have solid proof that he's talking to someone else, its time to move on.

seriously, don't put up with that shit. if he can't stay with just you, then there is no point in worrying yourself over him. i know you'll want to after all you've already given up for him, but it won't be worth it.

and on yet another note... if you're thinking that he might be, then you have doubts in your trust for him... another good sign that you should probably just move on and learn from your mistakes this time around.

4. Endlessly

Endlessly Por siempre