WEB I think I'm going to do a hollywood related news aggregation site :hsughno:

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TurkeyChicken, Mar 20, 2008.

1. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

I mentioned in a thread a week or so ago that I bought PersonalHollywood.com a few years ago with the intent of turning it into a video website for people to upload their personal movies (Like people studying to go into film and stuff).

Someone suggested making it some hollywood gossip type site and that got me thinking, maybe I'll just have it be an aggregator of celebrity/hollywood gossip sites and see what happens.

The thing is, i don't know shit about hollywood gossip sites :hsughno:

Can you guys point me in the direction of some of the "top" hollywood gossip sites? I think I'm going to pull their RSS feeds and post them on my site (linking back and crediting the original site, of course).

If things go well, I might try to find someone to start writing fresh articles for the site :dunno:

2. Cthalupa

Cthalupa New Member

Only one I know of is perezhilton.com

3. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

4. pkr

pkr Guest

you could do a similar thing like jimmyr.com or popurls.com does and just scrape the latest threads from all the popular celebrity gossip sites.

5. pkr

pkr Guest

6. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

That's pretty much what I'm planning on doing :o

Maybe a day to come up with the layout and another day to code and then sit back and let the site scrape other sites :o

7. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

I gived you dis idea? lol.

Yeah, if you aren't going to go the "indie" route, which could still be cool, a news agregator with some social elements would work great. People love celeb gossip and news and having some control over it. If you make it easy for people to contribute it could take off.

Rather than the url/bookmark type, why not just do a digg type steup? Would make it a lot easier to get the users involved an socializing ;).

http://pligg.com/ - Open source digg clone. Give it a great "celeb" theme and it could do really well. I set up a test install to check it out on http://iamcounted.com/ if you want to play around with it. Let me know and I can send you login details...

I expect a few permanent links for the ideas lol ;)

8. pkr

pkr Guest

I realized that half way through my reply and just decided to send it anyway.

9. Kevin

Kevin New Member

we don't need another aggregator. Do something original. please.

10. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

hollywoodtuna.com
    thesuperficial.com
    omg.yahoo.com
    perezhilton.com
    tmz.com

:o