SRS I think I'm giving myself heart problems :hs:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bitetobreakskinn, Jun 20, 2006.

1. bitetobreakskinn

bitetobreakskinn Blinky the Christmas Ghost

A few years ago I started developing this real bad anxiety attacks, where I can feel my heartbeat get real fast and my chest get extremely tight. I never really thought of it more then a growing up issue, until tonight. I was out with my girlfriend, and we were playing around with one of those blood pressure things they have in grocery stores. I was at what I would call a "calm" state for how I usually feel anymore, but my blood pressure was at the hypertension level. It kinda scared me because if I was calm, and my pressure was that high, I can't imagine how high it goes when I have anxiety attacks, because at those points I can actually FEEL my heartrate go through the roof.

Anyone know if this is actually a problem, or if I'm just over-reacting? :o

Also, if it's related, what can I do about lowering my overall blood pressure

2. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Might be a problem. Talk to a medical doctor. They'll probably give you a heart monitor to wear for a week, then go from there.

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I think heartrate and BP are not related but I'm not an MD. IF you want a real answer, consult an MD. Any medical advice you get here could be flat out wrong...and if you rely on that advice, you could end up with a problem.

4. 2500

2500 Guest

anxeity, heart palps, and any symptoms of anxiety are not a health concern. i have anxiety and was worried about this also, so i what i'm saying is anxiety can't raise your BP. but, i would get a professional one done. depending on what part of your arm you use, the results change. i did it, and it was normal, i did it a little lower on my arm, and i was at hypertention. those aren't accurate. but, i would get your BP checked though.

5. GlassUser

Yeah, but consistent hypertension can be a problem

6. 2500

2500 Guest

hypertension is, anxiety does not cause hypertension. i'm saying the symptoms of anxiety will not give you medical problems, but, the high BP should be dealth with after an accurate reading is taken. he was worried about his anxeity effecting his health, and i'm saying it can't. the hypertension has nothing to do with his anxiety attacks.

7. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Whether you have anxiety, high blood pressure, or a looming heart attack, the thing to do is to...

go to a doctor.

8. bitetobreakskinn

bitetobreakskinn Blinky the Christmas Ghost

No insurance = me not having the cash to go to a doctor and get tested :wtc:

9. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

No insurance = free clinic. Find one in your area. A basic doctor appointment isn't more than $100 anyway. If you can't afford that, then I say you're full of shit. You own a computer for fuck's sake, and pay for the internet.

It sounds as though you almost certainly have anxiety. This is easily treatable.

10. GlassUser

Professional advice from an educated and licensed physician? unpossible!

11. Clix

Clix New Member

I dunno man, I get the same thing, ive had EKGs and stuff done to me. Ive taken 2 different anxiety meds for it and nothing has stopped it. All I do when it happens is just sit down and take deep breaths. Get tested if possible though cuase maybe you got a real problem. I just know for me its something I just deal with becuase the 3 different doctors ive seen have told me im just having anxiety.