SRS I think im entering into depression.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Aww_Kittah_Aww, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Aww_Kittah_Aww

Aww_Kittah_Aww Active Member

My GF of two years and I broke up about 4 months ago. Since then it's been an emotional roller coaster of ups and downs. I was doing good for a while until I ran into her one night about 3 weeks ago. She told me how much she missed me even though she had a boyfriend. She even at one point tried kissing me. Since then I've been going down hill.

I've been having trouble sleeping for the last few weeks. Last Thursday I noticed myself becoming more destructive IE: drinking in excess because I didn't care anymore. Monday I noticed something thats never happened before out of no where I just became extremely angry and annoyed. This feeling has since carried on through today. Little stuff that I wouldn't think twice about has now made me almost rageful. I feel like me emotions are on a train ready to hit a wall.

Are these symptoms of depression? I scheduled to see a counselor at my college by the closest opening they have is December 11th.

2. RuskeR

RuskeR ReksuR

Are you keeping yourself busy?

You were doing the right thing by staying away from her but it's a small world. I still run into my ex's to this day... many years later. I can say it does get better with time.

I don't think you're depressed. You're still trying to sort through the emotions after ending a long relationship.

Have you been talking to/meeting other girls?

3. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

I think it might be. Seeing the counselor is a good idea, you're losing nothing by going there!
    Good luck.

4. RuskeR

RuskeR ReksuR

True.

Talking to someone about this in person will probably make you feel a lot better.

5. Capt. Slow

Capt. Slow Member

Unfortunately those are symptoms of depression. I have seasonal depression, and when winter rolls around I start acting like that too. Seeing a professional may help, but I have never really been one to open up... so I can't say for certain.
    Hope all turns out okay.

6. euro_R

euro_R OT Supporter

she has a BF already? and she tried to kiss you? :hs:

sounds like a whore bro..you're better off :hs:

7. Pepe

Pepe New Member

this

8. gkremian

gkremian New Member

See a counselor. If you're at college, start going to the gym a few times a week. It will boost your endorphines which will help manage your symptoms which definitely sound like depression. Make sure you're eating right. And, hang out with your friends.