SRS I think I'm crazy and I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sooka, May 4, 2006.

1. Sooka

Sooka New Member

On Monday I lit the bathroom on fire in my school. I got expelled and arrested and charged with 2 felonies. I just got out of jail yesterday and I'm still really afraid and freaking out about what's going to happen to me. The thing is that I don't know why I did it, I don't even remember doing it and even denied to myself that I did something like that. I'm not some 12 year old that did it for fun, I'm 17 and almost an adult and don't know what drove me to do stupid and crazy things that I don't even have a reason for doing. I have to pay over 1000 dollars in damages and there is a possibility I can be charged as an adult and go to prison.

The thing is that I'm usually pretty bright, I'm not some dumbass who likes to just do stupid things for fun, something happened on that Monday with my mind that pretty much killed my ability of thinking and made me go crazy. I used to have severe ADD in middle school which got me put on Ritalin for a few months, but ever since then I was off of medication and never had any mental help.

I really need help figuring out what's wrong with me, I've been able to think of nothing but suicide for quite a bit and I'm really afraid that if I do go to prison I might actually do it. I don't know what to do right now but I just really want to find out what's wrong with me and maybe even try to explain my sickness to the judge so maybe he could get me some mental help. I'm not even going to have a real lawyer, just a court-appointed one so I'm extremely afraid that I just destroyed my whole life and don't even know why it happened.

Please no flames. This is a 100% serious thread and I want to get mental help and don't want to wind up in prison or spending several months in a looney bin. Some things I noticed about myself is that I don't get a lot of sleep, I can switch between being really quiet and tired to being hyper and crazy in only a few minutes. I sometimes talk waaay too much, while other times I won't even make a sound. I get pleasure out of anything dangerous that can put me in harm, and once I begin getting that pleasurous feeling I lose all control of my mind and just do idiotic and illegal things without the ability to think about it. I also always get an extreme amount of ideas flowing through my head nearly all the time.

I'm also always extremely spontanious when it comes to daily things. I can sometimes save money and then for no reason at all spend it all in a day, and sometimes I even have different personalities. I sometimes try to sound and act like a completely different person and I don't know why.

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  2. bitetobreakskinn

bitetobreakskinn Blinky the Christmas Ghost

Honestly, I'd say go talk to a doctor. Maybe they can either talk you through whats going through your head, and maybe give you a medication or something :dunno:

3. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

go see a psychiatrist

4. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Have your lawyer request the judge to order a psych eval before sentencing,

5. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

see a psychiatrist and therapist right away.

Also if you do go to court over this ask the judge if you could do less time in a mental help clinic or something like that.

Try to see if your bipolor or have some other illness because that could help you in court.

about the suicide, i wouldnt commet it yet, see if you get prision for along time before you think about that. You might get off easy

6. Sooka

Sooka New Member

I'm definately going to court over this, and the only way I'll go away for a long time is if I get charged as an adult, which I hope I won't. I don't want to spend any time at all, but the only way for that to happen is to plead insanity.

7. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

sounds like you won't have to plead very hard. get a psych eval

8. 88rover

88rover New Member

Definately go with the psych evaluation before you go to court, and even if you do happen to go to prison, it won't be forever and when you get out, you can kinda start over again.:sad2:

9. Sooka

Sooka New Member

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  10. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

instant message me mike328ic. i see ur online.

11. Replicant

Replicant New Member

Your best bet is to get an eval from a psychologist, which will obviously prove that you have mental difficulties. Combine that with your sincere expression of change that you are willing to go through as well as your sincere apologies. I believe that your attitude could shift their decision greatly about the punishment they give you. Fork yourself over man because if you act like you don't care in any way, then they'll nail you to a fuckin cross.

Good luck.

:hs:

12. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Yeah definately see a psychiatrist. It sounds like you may be bipolar.

13. EuroTuner

EuroTuner Wire Ninja Wizard

i was thinking that as well. i think the main reason he's hoping he can get a juvinille charge is because arson is a felony right? if he's charged as an adult that fucks up the rest of his life. see a professional and keep us posted on his evaluation if you wish, any help like this can seriously help others in the future. not so much for diagnosis, but for proof that seeking treatment/help does benefit those in treatment.

14. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

go see a psych now.. not a court appointed one. Your lawyer can mention that you went and sought help on your own. this will look good in court