SRS I think I'm Bipolar

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TechMo, Jan 30, 2007.

1. TechMo

TechMo New Member

My whole life I've been a complete fuck up. I always did shitty in school, I can't get or keep a fucking job. I can never concentrate on anything. I hate life in general and I've always had suicidal thoughts ever since I was 14. I'm 21 years old now and I can't stand life. But then at times I love life and want to live it. I want to enjoy it and make something great of it. My girlfriend and I live together. I love the girl but then half the time I somehow convice myself that I fucking hate her, she was a big mistake, wished she didn't exsist to me. All these horrible things I feel and think just aren't normal. Some days I wake up estatic ready to start my day off and do something productive with my life. And then there's other days where I wake up and I just feel and think like I don't want to live anymore. I'm always hoping I don't wake up from my sleep. I can't bare to see another day. I sometimes wish I can just fucking die so I won't have to live this piece of shit life. Everything is fucking money, chaos, tragedy. Life just isn't worth living for. See but then at times I really think it is worth living for and I think about marrying my girlfriend and having kids, being wealthy and living good. But then that thought turns around and goes to shit. I have these really really awful mood swings. One day I'll be happy and out going, friendly, etc. Then the next day I'll be fucking pissed off and depressed. I won't talk to anyone, i'll start puching holes into my walls, I'll start treating my girlfrend, family, friends like shit. None of my family members, friends or girlfriend know that I'm like this. I tend to hide it pretty good. Living like this fucking sucks. How the fuck can I get help. what do I do? who do I go too?

2. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

if you are truly bipolar, then you need to be medicated. do you have a regular dr? like a general practitioner that you see when you're sick or something? you should speak with them about it, and they can refer you to people that work with emotional disorders and things like this, and they can test you to see if it's a chemical imbalance or if it's something else.

the sooner the better, by the way. i know it's probably not the easiest thing in the world to do, but if the fix is just as simple as taking a pill or two every day, you'll wonder why you waited so long to do something. good luck! :)

3. Axis

Axis New Member

High-Level-Low. I've gone through those cycles many times enough to know that I needed some help from outside.

Medication helped me a lot and now I'm mostly level. I still fear going too high because of the big drop in feelings afterwards, but at least now I can stop myself from getting that way.

Go to a doctor ASAP. That's all I can say.

4. TechMo

TechMo New Member

will do. thanks for the adivce guys.

5. bredrsx

bredrsx New Member

Sounds familiar. I'm bipolar. Try lamictal, it's supposedly better than lithium and carries far fewer side effects. Best of luck to you.

6. Swak

Swak Artificially known as ObsoleteAsian

I am nervous that I may have some sort of the symptons. My sister and mother are extreme bi-polar, to a dangerous level. I am just not in the world of going to the doctors to find out I have to live by a pill.

7. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

My fiancee is on Lamictal and Wellbutrin SR. It's working VERY well for her.

Abilify and Wellbutrin XL, however, fucked her up beyond all belief. :dunno: Go figure.

That being said, her BROTHER takes Abilify and it works GREAT for him.

What we have done was to do a Google search for "Best psychiatrist DC" (whatever your state is) and see what you can find. Then get in there and talk to someone. Medication can make a HUGE difference.

And, believe it or not, I personally absolutely REFUSE to take any medication of (nearly) any kind. I was very against her getting on anything, and now I am glad she did.

Do yourself a favor and try some meds.

By the way, it's taken nearly TWO years to find her a medication and dosage that works for her. So, if things are not working out, keep your doctor informed and follow his/her directions. It's not exactly easy to find the right solution, but when you do ... wow. Life really is great! :big grin:

8. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

sounds exactly like me. See something is wrong and you need to go to the doctor but it may not be bipolar. Most people who are bipolar stay in bad moods for weeks at a time.

9. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

If your asking me. I don't know if I'm manic. I do know that little things set me off. I can be full of energy one minute the next minute I can be so depressed that I feel dazed and my eyes will even change size.

My moods can last for a an hour or up to a week. it sure sucks though because none of the doctors i've been to yet have found a medicine that has worked for me:wtc:

10. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

i'm bipolar but I don't take anything and I feel fine...

I've changed my environment and I feel a shitload better.

11. JJRamzilla

JJRamzilla New Member

STAY ON YOUR MEDS, if not for yourself for the peeps around you. I had a gf that was bipolar for a few years, wasnt an easy thing. The problem was almost that the meds worked too well, once she was on them for awhile she appeared cured andd didnt think she needed them. Then 3 days later shes happy one moment and throwing punches the next.