GUN I think I will be writing the newspaper about this one

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Hibidi-Shibidi, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Hibidi-Shibidi

Hibidi-Shibidi New Member

Lewis Diuguid is a local opinion columnist that I can't fucking stand to read. I choke down his articles in an attempt to get past his racist remarks and see another side of things.

In his past articles, he has blamed whitey for all sorts of stupid shit and is on a constant "White people hate Obama because he's black" theme.

This article is the one that may just push me over the edge and write into the paper.

http://www.kansascity.com/278/story/1704820.html

God, that pissed me off just copy/pasting and separating the paragraphs in it.

2. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Their trolling is getting your attention and money.

3. Hibidi-Shibidi

We get the paper at the office. I read it while I'm on the shitter. Should I just stop reading it?

4. GlassUser

At least you're not giving your own money to that rag.`

5. AVengeance

AVengeance Active Member

Rather than write a letter to the editor complaining about that writer, how about writing an article with similar imagery, but pointed to the black Kansas City (or St. Louis city, since he grew up there) sterotypes. He is alarmed because of all the pickup trucks- so be alarmed at all the caddies with bobbing afros six-deep with their scary bass booming from inside. Use your imagination.

OR

Even more fun, praise the author for "seeing the light" and go off the liberal deep-end. Maybe the shock-and-awe of what other readers see there might make them rethink what they read.

6. Hibidi-Shibidi

I'm at work so I haven't had time to plan out my attack, but I am definitely going to point out his apples to oranges comparison of seeing bodies in east st. louis to gun shows having old white men in pick up trucks buying guns.

Thats a helluva stretch for that insinuation.

7. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

We're all buying guns because Obama is black. :rofl:

Typical racist rhetoric.

8. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

The last two paragraphs are pretty biased, but the rest of it was fine. The guy doesn't like guns and other people do, but that's not what he's concerned about. What he's concerned about is someone might use their Second Amendment rights to kill someone he cares about, possibly himself.

Maybe he's concerned that the reason someone will try to kill him is because he's black, I dunno. I don't know if the guy is black, but if I were black, and especially if I lived in the south, that thought would be in the back of my mind too. It's not like it hasn't happened before, many many many times.

I think the overall problem with the article is he failed to say what his personal objection to guns is, and instead he took that personal objection and tried to turn it into a societal problem to legitimize his own feelings on the matter.

9. acoop101

acoop101 New Member

Just recognize that it ok to be proud of being any other race other than white. And if you are white you are the devil.

10. GlassUser

Bullshit. It's happened both (all?) ways, and people of all colors have also used their rights protected by the second amendment to defend against it happening.

11. Hibidi-Shibidi

He is black. I don't have an issue with him being black, I have an issue with him reinforcing prejudices and writing articles about bringing his race forward but only setting them back.

In the end, I think its job security. Much like the NAACP, if they don't have racism, they don't have a job. They will create racism where there is none just to reinforce and justify their existence.

THAT is what I have a problem with.

Its terrible writing, no doubt. The fact that it gets published and he is able to use the newspaper as his personal propaganda machine bothers me.

12. Hibidi-Shibidi

Here is the rough outline of what I am going to post. What do you guys think? I don't want it to come off as racist but I want to point out him being obviously racist.

Any input or corrections are appreciated.

13. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

what the fuck is a black person doing living in Overland park????
    those fuckers are everywhere, well not on my block lol.

oh wait that wasn't the point i guess, yeah he's a dip shit, don't let silly articles like that make you lose sleep

14. cent

cent New Member

stereotypes...whites in the south want to kill blacks :jerkit:

as someone that lives in the south, the problem isn't white on black crimes, there's really none of that here anymore. the problem is black on black crime. look at all the black cities in the south, thats where the crime problem is...new orleans, memphis, jackson, birmingham, little rock, etc.

15. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

There's a thing called racial memory, cent. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying I can understand why he, as a black man trying to get ahead like everyone else, would be concerned about thousands of pickup-truck-driving white guys drooling over guns. There was a time when a black man trying to get ahead like everyone else was asking to get lynched and dragged down the road by someone's trailer hitch. Even if that hasn't happened in years, fear isn't always rational.

Hibidi, your opening paragraph is too inflammatory. (excuse the bowel-related pun.) You're not going to change anyone's mind if you start off telling them you read his articles while you're taking a shit because that's the only time you can read them without feeling like you wasted your time. The points you make are good, but cut the crap, literally.

16. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

the irish, german, jewish, black, hispanic, hell everyone has been discriminated against in america at 1 time or another.

not to mention the native americans which were virtually wiped out of existence.

when a native american writes an article like this maybe i'll care, as is blacks were so wanted by us white folk that we sailed 1/2 way around the world to pick them up and bring them, then white soldiers fought and died to free them, then white people marched with Martin Luther King Jr to help them get equal rights etc etc.

fuck off with all the boo hoo black shit, the number of KKK and skinheads compared to non racist whites is crazy. it's ignorant paranoia to believe every white guy in a pickup wants to lynch a black guy

stats show and prove that Black people are in much more danger around other Black people than they are with white people. Black on Black crime outnumbers White on black hate crimes by such a margin it's laughable

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  17. Hibidi-Shibidi

I definitely see your point and if I had the time to put more effort into it, it would have been much more eloquent.

I will see if I can get a minute and pull more of his articles. They all reflect the same ideas and racial undertones. This is nothing new for him, but definitely seemed over the top.

The straw on the back with me is when someone like him blames those white truck drivers for his woes. The implications in his article are obvious and his ability to spat his blatant racism while completely neglecting his own races responsibility in their perils completely boggles me.