GUN I think I want to get a Leek...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kimitt, Jan 9, 2005.

1. kimitt

kimitt Sick of throwin' pixie dust...

Thoughts? I know a few of you have them as carry knives, how do they hold up? I have to say I love the Kershaws for everyday use, but the finish does have me a little worried.

2. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

I had a combo edge with a plain aluminum handle and plain steel (no coating blade) Leek for a while. It was a very nice knife, thin and easy to carry. But the blade material left some to desire. It had a very delicate tip on the blade that was prone to bending, even on accident. But even with a bent tip Kershaw sent me a new one.
    Overall for hte price I think it's a decent knife tho...I just have high expectations...and low funding :(

3. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

i carry kershaw knives every day, for everything. i am on my second avalanche (i lost the first), and i have a blackout also. they're great knives, and the assisted opening is a nice feature. what's really nice is that all the ken onion knives are designed so well that they open effortlessly one-handed, even without the assisted opening. their customer service is awesome, i can attest to that. the reason i know how well they work without the assist is that i've broken the torsion bar that assists before. i emailed kershaw, and they just sent me a new torsion bar for my knife. i've never had a problem with the blades of my kershaws, except them slicing into my stupid, clumsy fingers. the finish on my two kershaws is still in great shape. i'm sure if i dug a foxhole with it, it'd wear off, but i've done a LOT of digging in cardboard and plastic, to "drill" holes with the tip of both these knives. both of them got dull towards the tip after a few weeks of doing that, but they hold an edge well otherwise.

4. Straight_Six

Straight_Six Guest

I own a Kershaw Leek. The only problem I've had with it is with the little safety bar that prevents the knife from opening - its make of plastic and it broke. However, like mentioned before Kershaw has great customer service and my knife was replaced for a brand new one.

The tip is a little delicate, but the edge has retained its sharpness quite well. The size is perfect for carrying all day long.

5. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

I think I lost mine too :wtc:

6. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

I just found it in the couch :coold: