I think I.ve fallen in love with another forum member.Can cyber love ever be real?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by iluvit, Dec 4, 2006.

1. iluvit

iluvit New Member

I have been busy reading threads and posts for quite a while now and I just love the attitude and lifestyles of the Americans.

You are so outgoing and confident and I love that attitude to life.

There is one female member who I think is fabulous,the question is should I tell her or not as I dont think you like us English guys as much as you used to.

2. gkremian

gkremian New Member

...... ........... .............................

We still dig English people, I don't see why we wouldn't. However, this is completely random. In my opinion, I don't think that cyber "love" really exists, because I think that the internet is too impersonal. I would say cyber infatuation exists, but its up to you.

3. Sephiroth

Sephiroth New Member

...Did you join to stalk? No fibbing, now.... ;)

And since when are Englishmen bad? Do you have bad teeth or something? Is that why you're shy? ;)

..might help with points for your object of stalking if you had an av, btw. That way s/he'd get as sense of your personality, however small.

4. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

you've fallen in love with the IDEA of that person, not that person. rarely do the real life persoanlities truly match up withthe personality You THINK you know on line

5. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Online love is rarely true. Sounds like someone needs to get out a little more often... ;)

6. iluvit

iluvit New Member

I would find it difficult to stalk anyone considering the distance between us :nono:
    The news over here gives the impression that we are less popular than ever due to Iraq and our intention to pull our troops out a.s.a.p

As for the lack of an avatar,to be honest I wouldn't know how to post one.

I quite like yours by the way:p

7. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

r u joking, watch love actually, the last scene is an exaggeration (but not that much) of the truth

8. iluvit

iluvit New Member

I can imagine why you might see it that way but I surprised myself by fancying someone I have never seen or spoken to but funny things happen in life so who knows what may happen.

I didn't come on here looking to find anyone, infact I am new to forums but I

like Americans in general so why not try to get to know a few?

9. lauren

lauren Active Member

odder things have happend. :)

10. JohnJohnJohnson

lol

i've never been exotified before. this is a rare treat

11. deuceforty

deuceforty between rupture and rapture

this is probably the weirdest thread i have ever stumbled upon

12. ~QueenBee~

~QueenBee~ OT Supporter

Canadians werent liked for a long time either , with lack of volunteering with the war efforts. Still dont know how much we're liked.
    But I dealt with Americans on a daily basis with my last job and absolutely adore them. Some of the most super people you could talk to. I actually travel down to the US every year, slowly making my way to every state.

As for your situation. I agree with alot of other people. You're more infatuated with the acts of the person, not the person themself. Alot of people act differently on the internet then they do in real life.
    If you feel you need to share your thoughts and adoration with said person, then by all means do so, but fair warning you might freak them out

13. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Being outgoing, confident on the internet is one thing, but in the real world some of those people don't say anything because they are embarrassed of themselves or that nobody listens to them. The internet gives a lot of people voice that normally don't have it. You want to see outgoing and confident, come hang out in New York City for a day on Wall Street. You'd shit your pants.

14. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

I don't believe you can love someone when all you've done is read their posts (and I assume they weren't even to you specifically). You can't know much about someone just from reading a few posts, let alone know how they actually act in real life.

15. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

You call it weird, I call it "charmingly quaint"

16. littlemonster

littlemonster New Member

I'd agree on infatuation. Love online? Maybe, but only too an extent, like a small crush...

Though, people have met, and got married online, never meeting! :eek3:

17. Jennipher

Jennipher Dontcha know OT Supporter

Absolutely.

I met my husband online and I fell in love with him before we ever met. To be honest it was the most incredible experience. You get to know a person extremely well for who they are before the physical aspects come into play.

18. iluvit

iluvit New Member

I completely agree with that and it is nice to know you were lucky in this respect.

If your avatar is in anyway representative of your real looks then I fail to see how your husband wouldn't have fancied you.

Having said that I have had relationships with beautiful looking girls who's looks were frankly the only nice thing about them so I have finally realised that it isn't about looks at all,it is more about finding someone caring,loveable and fun and the girl or woman in question certainly seems friendly and upbeat so I will only feel silly or stupid if she changes on line.

Whether I will let her know or not I havn't decided as yet.

Am I stupid?

You decide.

19. JohnJohnJohnson

A little melodramatic maybe :rofl:

20. iluvit

iluvit New Member

I think a little stupid is a fair assessment,if it comes across as melodramatic then I am more than a little stupid ,im an idiot.

21. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

Does this poster you find "fabulous" live anywhere near you? I'm just thinking that if they don't and there is extremely little chance of the two of you meeting, why bother expressing some deep felt romantic love? You two can still be internet pals, but otherwise I don't see the point.

22. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

true. they may not be as "outgoing and fabulous" in person. online personalities don't always mimic someone's "real world" interactions

23. JohnJohnJohnson

Um, guys on Wall Street are not so outgoing... stuffier and more conservative than their socialite peers, but with a better work ethic, lots of good fortune, a somewhat narrow mind, and a strong competitive streak, they went into business.

If you want to see outgoing & interpersonally confident, go to LA, or the rich artsy parts of NYC, where for some people life is so privileged that all they have available to DO is practice their social skills.

24. mrchina

mrchina Guest

I think that trying to negotiate multimillion dollar contracts and investments with people you don't know is better then trying to get into some club in SoHo...

25. JohnJohnJohnson

ok better w/e i'm discussing confidence not intelligence