SRS I think I suffer from Narcissism...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by eof, Feb 23, 2005.

1. eof

eof New Member

I took a step back today and realized that I might love myself too much. My extreme excitement over the new shirt really made me realize that I may suffer from narcissism… Apparently 1% of the population is narcissistic so I am not alone. I have tons of artifacts of my obsession with myself…

In my research on narcissism I found that we are preoccupied with suicide….that is not the case with me though. Why would I want to kill off the best thing this world has going for it?

[​IMG]

Does anyone else suffer from this? It makes it really hard for me to socialize with people because I truly believe that I am better than everyone...and if I find someone who I think rivals my greatness than I crave their attention. Although this rarely ever happens. Oh...and I have incredibly high standards when it comes to girls. I will only sleep with girls who I think are worthy of having my child because I would hate to waste my genes on a lesser person / family.

2. scottymcc

scottymcc New Member

I used to get a lot of manic highs where I'dfeel I was Gods gift but not to the point where I had my face printed on a t-shirt.

3. bclimn

bclimn New Member

what makes you think your better than everyone else?? im just wondering

4. eof

eof New Member

Any particular situation or aspect of life? Be more particular and I can give you many reasons.

Like right now I think I am better than you because I have an AV.

5. eof

eof New Member

Are you a narcissist?

6. eof

eof New Member

Just reading this thread and looking at my picture makes me happy....I can't sleep right now because I feel the need to look at pictures of myself.

7. dyslexic

dyslexic New Member

you cant be serious...

8. david1387

david1387 Guest

i feel ya

9. david1387

david1387 Guest

10. Bioanger

Bioanger Self-Proclaimed moron

A true narcissist would only ask for advice as a means of amusing themselves with the seemingly inferior opinions of others. Your presence here indicates that either you are only marginally narcissistic, or that you wish to waste our time. While popular opinion in this thread appears to be along the lines of the latter, I am more inclined to believe the former after visiting your website.

The photo you posted certainly does show an individual who exhibits narcissistic traits, but it is not to me clear from what you wrote whether those traits are causing trouble in your life. I empathize this piece because what really matters is whether or not you are satisfied with the quirks you have, and not what word we use to describe those quirks.

I am genuinely curious to learn what your purpose is in making this thread. Every narcissist I have met has been happy to be a narcissist; I have never witnessed one try to change. However, that does not mean that change is impossible.

I used to be very much your opposite; my self-esteem, until a few years ago, was so low that I believed myself to be the worst person on the planet. I would never look at myself in the mirror, never consent to being photographed, and I would even ignore people who talked to me because I felt I didn’t deserve the attention. I changed, I went from an imbalance to a balance, and implicit in that is the notion that you can potentially do so as well. But the big question is, do you want to?

11. I expect that I'll be hearing from you a lot from this point onward, correct? Don't worry, I'll give you a lot of attention. I promise to be gentle. :o

12. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

13. TucsonTerror

TucsonTerror OT Supporter

Did you just make a decision or use therapy or meds or some combo of those options to get turned around?

14. schism jman

schism jman New Member

15. lane

lane Propoflol, Midazololam, Fentanylol, Labetalolololo

if this was in the OT forum it would be a 8758375893748 page thread :) and chances are you'd leave that thread a humbled little boy.

if you ever feel you'd like to remedy your ailment i'd recommend making that thread in OT.

16. Moose

Moose New Member

17. brownrice

brownrice 2 + 2 = 5

:sad2: there's a lot of people in this thread.... and WE ARE ALL HERE TO STARE AT YOUR BEAUTIFUL VISAGE.

seriously though... don't you think it's odd stare at yourself?

do you wackit in front of a mirror? :o

18. brownrice

brownrice 2 + 2 = 5

is there even a cure for this?

19. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

I think you need some serious counseling.....

I believe you are nuts to be dead honest, I mean I work with a guy like you, and he's DEFINATELY into himself in a major way.

20. eof

eof New Member

Not allways....but it seems to help.

21. interpol

interpol you can't spell basement without semen

you're alright

22. eof

eof New Member

Generally no there is no cure....for alot of people it is a phase. I can't see myself coming out of it any time soon.

23. eof

eof New Member

I believe you are just trying to put me down by saying I am nuts because you fear my potential for success and power.