SRS I think I need to grow up.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LudaMan, May 14, 2007.

1. LudaMan

LudaMan New Member

Heres the scoop. I posted here about a break up I had about a month and a half ago. My girl of 2 years said she needed a break. I wont go into the details of that, but one of the reasons why she lost a lot of feelings is because I'm in a spot in my life where I have NO motivation.

I've been in and out of college classes since 2003, and I just don't feel like myself anymore. I honestly think I've become dumber since graduating high school. A lot of people I know are graduating college and getting ready to start their careers. I finally realized that I need to buckle down, hit the books hard when fall comes and get my shit together and graduate. I'm in a community college right now that is closely associated with Iowa State (the school I've wanted to go to since I can remember) and I want to transfer there once I get my GPA up or maybe go down to University of Texas, maybe to get away and start fresh.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is how does one get motivated and has anyone else struggled through school like this because they feel no motivation? My only helpful friend moved to Arkansas with his girlfriend and the rest of my friends here only care about getting drunk every night. I guess any words of advice, encouragement, or even, hey LudaMan, get your shit together and graduate would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

shit i duno jus look deep inside urself and ul find the answer or skip town take a drive (i do it all the time) and jus think u kno

3. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Usually having the moment of clarity you had is enough. When you realise it's important. You just got to convince yourself to go through this regardless of all the boring stuff :)

The end reward is worth it

4. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Go for it Luda!!! You sound like you know what you want to do- don't be nervous, just get to it :bigthumb: You'll be great!

For me, action precedes motivation sometimes. When I need to do something that I'm not really pumped for (like school work, running, working out- whatev.) I find that the hardest part is starting- but once I start, I'm motivated to keep on going.

Awesome that you decided you want to go back it school btw!

Good luck man! :x:

5. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Hey LudaMan, get your shit together and graduate!!

School sucks, I struggle with little to no motivation at around mid semester, every semester. Ya kinda just have to look at the end result of school to get you through it, or look at everyone around you who has graduated already and is starting their careers. That could be motivation enough.

6. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Maybe school just isn't for you, maybe what you major in just doesn't interest you anymore. Take up a trade or something you really like to do. I felt like quitting too but after you get halfway thru minus well finish out and get that piece of paper.

7. LudaMan

LudaMan New Member

I thought long and hard about that, but I've taken two semesters off so far in my career, and when I was out working, all I thought about was getting back in school and finishing. I have changed my major again, so hopefully I stick with this one, but either way I know I want to get that degree.