SRS I think I may need to be checked out

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ty Webb, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Ty Webb

Ty Webb You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia

For the longest time now, I periodically get these "panic attacks." They occur for an entire week straight or maybe for only one or two days a month. Particularly around more stressful times, much like this week as I have been feeling physically sick to my stomache. I feel like im actually going to vomit. Everything is good for the most part, but I have finals next week. I'm sure I will do just fine, but that thought in the back of my head of "what if I don't" is making me sick. I was up all night shitting every hour due to this and I can't sleep for shit. Light headed and dizzy. Absent minded most of the time as well.

We were talking about our final review in class on monday and I suddenly felt like I was going to puke in class. That's when all of this shit started. I still feel sick and I can't really eat.

2. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

People react to stress in different ways. I react to stress with apathy... which isn't always the best way to deal with things, but that is how I do it. You react to stress with a feeling of being sick, or a feeling of vomit. Your body does this to you because you put it under stress....

What to do because of it? I don't think you need to be checked out. i think it would be a dead-end check... there's nothing you can do about it... They will give you medicine that is supposed to help you but have side effects that need their own pills themselves, and it's a downward cycle. Of course, the way I view it: there's nothing you can't fix yourself. Our bodies are made to heal itself. So, with that note, you should be able to fix it yourself. Of course, it will be hard to find out what works, but that's for you to figure out.

Then again, I'm just a stupid kid with no actual knowledge of stress medication or other "illnesses," so what do I know?

3. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

I get anxiety attacks and to calm down listen to soothing music or watch tv. Also do something to keep your mind off of it. I breath in my nose and out my mouth. This way I am concentrating on my breathing and not thinking about everything else that I am feeling. Sooner or later you will learn to control these. You will see the pattern of how they occur and will sooner or later be able to prevent them. I would try not to get meds. You can do this on your own. You just need to be strong minded. You can control this. You pretty much out smart the whole process. I will check up later...

4. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

yeah, if they dont go away in the next few weeks, i recommend talking to a doctor about them, and get counseling. Avoid narcotics if you can, ssri's have been very effective for me.

5. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

These are not panic attacks. Panic attacks last about 10 min and you could think you are going to die. Your problem looks more like anxiety caused by coping problems. You probably have problems handling stress, I guess there are plenty of books on this issue (to begin with).

6. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Hey, just for reference, I graduated college with a 2.something GPA. 15 years later I have a good job, a nice home, a new car, etc. Your grades are not the end-all be-all of the world. All you need to do is graduate and you can move on.

Now if you have financial aide or are trying to get into some hot-shot school, that's a different story. However, many VERY successful people have little to know professional education, and even did poorly in school.

My personal favorite for dealing with stress? Think about it like this: If it's not going to permanently affect you in ONE YEAR, it's not worth worrying about. So, basically, if you're not going to lose an arm, go to jail, or die, it's probably not worth losing sleep over.