SRS I think I may need some help

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by spooky, Aug 25, 2009.

1. spooky

spooky OT Supporter

I am becoming numb. I have zero ambition and it's probably because I am depressed but I don't care enough to get checked out. I am sick and tired of my life's routines. I look for happiness at all the wrong places. I stopped caring about material items. I stopped caring about the activities I once loved. I fake my emotions to blend in so that people don't think I'm the way I am. I don't have friends and don't care to make any. I try to find people more emotionally fucked up to help me cope. I am running out of gas and I don't think I can do this much longer :hs:

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

"I am depressed but I don't care enough to get checked out."

Of course you don't care enough to get checked out -- you're depressed! Lethargy and apathy are classic signs of depression. The rational part of your mind, the part that humans go on endlessly about how great it is to have, needs to assert itself and tell yourself "your bitch ass is going to the doctor, I don't care if you don't like it."

Now, if all you're really looking for is to be reassured that you're a good boy, go get a hug from your mom. No, I'm not being facetious, I'm being completely serious. If you want to be reminded someone cares about you, hit up your parents for some affection. If it's bigger than that, go to the doctor.

3. schmitty101

schmitty101 You might remember me from such films as "Dig your

I lived with depression for about 6 years. I wish I got some kind of mental help as soon as I needed it but I didn't know any better back then and I didn't have anyone that cared enough to help me. I got myself out of it after one day I just decided that i'm way too tired to keep living like that and day by day I started thinking more positively. I'm still not 100% out of it, but i'm out enough to realize how deep I used to be and that i'm headinging in the right direction.

So basically what i'm saying is that you should either get professional help if you can afford it, or try to tackle the problem yourself. Just remember that it will take a lot of time to get in the habit of thinking positively once again.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its definitly time to visit the psychiater, the meaning of life is to love and help other people, this gives you the energy to move on in life with meaning and joy. You first need to take care of yourself, and then love everything and help everyone, that way you re-balance your life and live in happyness rather then just living for the sake of it.