I think I may have tennis elbow

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by golfnut019, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfnut019

golfnut019 i love them little white balls

Lets say you had your hands together like you were praying. Whenever I use my right hand to put pressure on my left hand as if I were bending my left fingers back, the bottom part of my right tricep hurts.

Any way to speed up the healing process? I been out of the gym for 4 days and it's killing me.

Any alternate exercises to do chest/triceps or is this just a matter of resting and getting back to 100%?

2. jessb20hatch

jessb20hatch Let's bang like Myosin & Actin

any injury related to overuse needs to be rested to heal. the best modality i've used to help reduce pain caused by tendonitis of the elbow was MIRE= monochromatic infrared energy, also iontophresis works well. both of these are available at most physical therapy offices...also most physical therapists will do 15min screens free of charge to asses the injury, just need to call around

3. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Make sure to avoid any extension movements (such as skullcrushers, overhead extensions, etc). Rehband sells an elbow sleeve for tennis elbow, they sell it here. And you should probably get some soft tissue work done, you can find an A.R.T. provider here.

4. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

like the first reply said, physical therapy may be your best bet for treating it
    ultrasound or electrical stimulation will help you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.