SRS i think i may be manic but i'm not sure

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by zooenthusiast, Nov 30, 2006.

1. zooenthusiast

zooenthusiast New Member

so, my whole life i've been pretty happy, but i've always fallen into these mini depressions that last for 3 to 5 days usually. and in these depressions i see no point in living, i don't want to be around anyone, and i can't sleep or eat or really do anything. now, i don't know if i'm manic depressive maybe, or if i'm actually just depressed and the times i feel "happy" i'm just repressing. it just seems that i get over things too quickly as well. especiallly anger at other people. so any thoughts?

2. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Do you have any problems (cheated on someone, sold your house, decided that "today, you're going to Canada", went in prison, etc) ?
    If you're asking you probably don't have this problem since people who have bipolar disorder are usually told by people around them that they act quite unusually and they often are in trouble.

3. zooenthusiast

zooenthusiast New Member

ok thank you. i really don't know the symptoms other than extreme mood changes.

4. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

a manic episode is usualy characterized by extreme mood swings, noticeable by people around you, and things like only sleeping an hour a night and being fully energetic, unusually hyperactive behavior, overly fliratatious or aggressive behavior, etc. Sounds to me like you have more of a cyclic depression.