GUN i think i made some progress!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by KiddX, Sep 14, 2004.

1. KiddX

KiddX Tigth as Piston In Ferrari Engine!

i shoot low and to the left, BADLY. on saturday at the range at my school, i was instructed to lean forward and point my rear foot forward when i shoot. i also found myself taking a little bit more time before each shot. it was the best i have ever done with a handgun, at 15 yards i made a big hole in the middle (an inch down and to the left of the bullseye actually :mamoru:) :eek3: im going to the range tomorrow to practice some more, but i am getting so excited! i cant wait to go and get better!

now the low and to the left thing... am i still pulling the trigger wrong?

2. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

You're anticipating the shot, I would suggest putting some rounds thru a 22. Focus on the target and don't worry about where your shot is going. Eventually they'll start just going where you're focused (in the center). You might find that after a few hundred rounds thru the 22 you'll be in the center but perhaps to the right of the CM, if that happens you're jerking the trigger.

3. Gundam

Gundam Tell Drama he's on my to do list, right after inse

The first 3 sessions I had with my friend's glock, I was shooting lower right. My friend and I could not figure out what was wrong. My sighting was correct, my stance was fine, and my grip was good. Finally I found out what I was doing wrong. Instead of slowly squeezing the trigger halfway, then giving it the extra pull to fire, I was just pulling it all the way. This caused me to unknowingly shift the gun down and to the right. After I discovered my problem, I was able to hit the middle every time.

4. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Dryfire. It will help.

5. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Also, read this thread over at GlockTalk. It's 8 pages long now but it has a lot of good information for new (and not so new) shooters wanting to diagnose what they are doing to shoot badly.

glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5876

That one thread has helped a lot of people fix their shooting problems.

6. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

Great Thread, should help out alot for people who are having trouble with their shot placement.