SRS I think I know what's wrong with me, getting over it is another story...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dorn, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Dorn

Dorn New Member

Well, yet again, when it comes to a girl that I never got into a relationship with, I feel like I got kicked in the stomach with the outcome of things.

I think I just get too attached too quickly to the person. With a couple previous girls, things turned to shit because I basically showed them too much attention, and they were scared of it. They weren't used to it, they wanted that pursuit. Whatever, that's what I get for going after girls younger than me that still have a high school mentality.

This one, we started hanging out quite a bit the last couple weeks and talking on the phone. I truly, truly liked this girl, and judging on her actions, thought she was feeling the same way. However, in the back of my mind I had the thought that she was seeing/talking to another guy as well. Turns out she was, as I heard from her brother. Then I find out that he overnighted her some stuff while she was on her trip. I got a call the second day of her trip, and didn't get another one. I didn't want to call her, I felt like seeing if she called me. When everything kind of came to together, I just felt like shit. I fell hard for this girl, and it didn't go my way again. Granted, it's still early, but I'm not even sure if I want it anymore. It's not the greatest situation, and I think if I even tried, I'd be competing with the other guy, which I'm not going to do.

So basically, like I said, I think it's just that I fall too hard too fast for a girl, and when things don't go my way, it hits me hard. Every single girl has been like this since my ex, and frankly, I'm getting sick of it. I don't like the feeling, and I want it to end.

I'm not going to sit around here and mope about this one. There's no reason to. There's girls that I want to talk to, and am going to. But I'm afraid of repeating things all over again. How do I stop doing this? Something in me changed going from my past girlfriends to the current girls I talk to. How do I end it, how do I change? I know it's nobody but me, things won't work out sometimes, and I'm just running into that, but I'm letting my emotions get too high.

2. WangHangLow

WangHangLow Live it, Love it, Lax!

I know exactly how you feel. Like you I become quickly attached to nice beautiful girls. Then I start to fall for them and when I finally get rejected or find out there is another guy it hits me hard. For a long while I just decided to stay away from the ladies but that isn't a solution I would recommend. The best recommendation I can give you is to try not to become to attached just treat her like a friend. If its going to go somewhere then it will happen or you'll just feel the time is right. Try not to push the relationship to fast. I know thats where I have my problems, I try to show them too much attention too fast and don't wait for the relationship to develop on its own. I hope this helps I didn't really know what else to tell you.

3. McFly

McFly New Member

Oh wow, this just gave me chills. I was going to make a post about this same kind of thing...

Was seeing a girl for about a year, we were never bf/gf but were amazing friends with benefits I guess you could say. We both had our separate lives, she went out with her friends and sang all the time. I did stuff with my friends. But I wasn't persuing any other girls. She kind of met a guy at one point but I told her it bothered me and so we kind of went back to the way things were.

Then she met another guy right as I was really falling for her but I guess she was losing interest in me... It STILL bothers me... More details in another thread to follow... Just wanted to say I know how you feel, I honestly do.