I think I just went on the best date of my life to date.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ww_Crimson, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

So for a few months now my GF has been saying how she wanted to see Phantom of the Opera and so for Christmas I bought us tickets, had my best friend do the same thing for his girlfriend (she likes live plays/performances too) and figured we'd go on a nice double date. I did a kick ass job in delivering the gift to her and having it be a total surprise.

So tonight was the night of our event and it ended up being much better than I expected. My morning sucked ass (fighting with the family all morning) and I was kind of down when I got to her house to pick her up but that mood ended very abruptly. I picked her up, we went to my buddies house and piled into his car to drive to the city (San Francisco). Lots of jokes and laughs on the drive there, minimal traffic, and I really couldn't have asked for better company.

We got to our first destination (dinner) and ate at a hole in the wall Chinese restaurant I had found on "Yelp". Food was pretty cheap, absolutely delicious, and it was pretty small and somewhat romantic considering there was only 1 other couple in there. Our waiter even had a candle lit on our table which made for a good joke about candle-lit dinner. From there we headed to the theater, only had to wait about 5 minutes outside before they opened the doors and then we headed in. Had to wait about 25 more minutes until we could be seated. Made our way through the show which was much better than I had anticipated. I'm not a real artsy person but I enjoyed the show and we had excellent seats which was a huge plus.

It ended up being a very expensive night for my buddy and I but it was definitely something worth doing at least once. The girls both loved the show and it kept both of us guys entertained. If you are looking for a good date idea, look into live performance/plays in your area. I would hands down call it the best date of my life to date.

Edit: Mainly wrote this post just to give people an idea for a good date since I had such a wonderful time.

2. giz

giz Active Member

you made memories tonight :bigthumb:

I agree with you on the live performances. Before I met my gf, I had NEVER been to a play/musical/ballet etc. I've been around 5 in the last few months though :bowdown:

3. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Sounds like you are overall a positive person :) keep it up!, glad you enjoyed yourself.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

See what happens when you try new things? :hs:

My bf hates musicals, plays, etc. I finally convinced him to go with me to one that was a comedy that I really thought he'd like and he LOVED it. We had the best time and now he'll refer to the night and the musical from time to time and he suggested seeing another musical that's coming to town soon!

5. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Same thing happened to me.

Last year my gf and I went to NYC for thanksgiving and she saw posters for "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," and wanted to go see it.

Ofcourse I tried to get out of it and tell her that it would be stupid but she really wanted to see it so I said ok.

We went and saw it and it was pretty badass. :cool:

6. saxman

saxman Burninating the peasants

crimson, if you want to do something similar, but not as expensive/time intensive, check out Yoshi's in jack london square. Great japanese restaurant/jazz club that does great live shows almost every day. Even if you're not a fan of jazz, you're bound to find something that would work with how much variety comes through there.

7. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

You know I went there once in high school with my buddy and thought it was pretty cool but there was just something about it that I didn't like. I'm not a fan of sushi so I think that rules out eating during the show, perhaps I'm wrong. It was definitely a nice place to sit and relax and have some live entertainment though.

And yes, I never would have gone to something like this before meeting her (she didn't really have to talk me into it or anything but it just never seemed appealing at first). Very glad I did.

Stand up comedy shows also are very fun, we went to one about 2-3 months ago and loved it.

8. saxman

saxman Burninating the peasants

yoshis has great food beyond sushi... the restaurant is attached as well, so you can actually eat at the table, then go see the show. Don't have to eat during the show.

9. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Thanks for the heads up, it has been a few years since I went. I might give that place a shot in a few weeks. I'm tapped out on entertaining dates for a while.. it's going to be a slim valentines day for her :hs: