I think I have been wasting my time.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by IPAman, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IPAman

IPAman OT Supporter

I have always worked out after school and now work. I have your typical 5'11" 175lb frame. I am not skinny, but I am in no way fat. My muscle is not really defined. My stomach doesn't stick out, but it is not cut. I have tried to eat protein shakes but just can't stick to it. I am probably eating 50-60 grams of protein a day.(Sandwich meat making up 10-20grams) I am starting to wonder if lifting(not exercise) is a waste if I don't find a way to up my protein. Any tips for a noob with a pretty busy 7-5 job to stick to a protein rich diet?

2. littlewing

littlewing fly on

Buy whey and make shakes? ON and Black Star Labs seem to be popular brands around here. I usually get vanilla and mix it with some crystal light. Depending on your work, you could drink them while you're at work in a shaker cup (or at least at lunch).

Edit: I suck at reading. I don't know then. Just learn to deal with the taste of the shakes. They're really not that bad.

Drinking a lot of milk might help, but it's not going to get you up to 1-1.5g of protein/lb. Peanuts/peanut butter could help too. You could go to gnc :noes: and get that pudding from Stallone's company that's like 20g a serving. I have no idea if it actually works or not.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  3. Drewski

Drewski New Member

sounds like you aren't eating anywhere near enough.

first, yoru protein intake should be aroudn 1-1.5g/lb. My guess is your nowhere need your caloric needs to gain as well. you should be getting around body weight x15 worth of calories just to maintain your weight. to gain, it should be closer to BWx18.

4. IPAman

IPAman OT Supporter

Yeah, I think I eat enough, but just not enough protein. I was just thinking about my daily eating habits and I don't even think I'm getting 50grams of protein. Two shakes I used to love are Myoplex and Metrx. Are these meal replacements still pretty good quality? The myoplex would give me 42grams of protein and the metrx 40grams. Just one of those would set me in the right direction.

5. robbinthehood

robbinthehood New Member

i probably dont take enough protein either, but i dont have the money to use a ton of it. i usually have 2 shakes a day, which is around 90ish grams, plus the rest of the food i eat througout the course of the day. it probably doesnt help me as much as it could be, but its helping none the less

6. IPAman

IPAman OT Supporter

What is the time frame for protein shakes to start makeing a noticeable change?

7. Pork Chop Sandwiches

Pork Chop Sandwiches Extraordinary Member

Not before spring break. It all depends on how much you put that protein to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.