I think I fucked up

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by rebel, Dec 21, 2008.

1. rebel

rebel Manchester United > All

For some reason for the past 2 months I've had it on my mind that I haven't wanted to be with my girlfriend of over a year. I never broke up with her and we still hung out, but I just wasn't into it at all. And she could see that. Finally a few days ago she broke it off with me and for some reason its hit be extremely hard. It's like I just woke up and realized what a complete idiot I've been and wanted nothing more than to be with her and be in this relationship.

I did everything I could after we woke up, wrote her a long ass note telling her about how I feel, invited her over to watch movies and had flowers for her and candle light and all this stuff. She's told me that she's been so hurt by how I've acted the past 2 months thats she had to put up a wall against me so she doesn't get hurt anymore. That she needs time to be herself for a little bit and not have her life focused solely on me and that she's scared out of her mind to be put through what I put her through again. Says that she needs a break and the soonest she'd consider getting back together is over a month

I'm trying my very hardest not to be emotional when I'm with her, drunk dial her etc. But I'm having a huge time dealing with this, I can't stand not being with her. She was such an awesome person and I'm such a fucking idiot for messing it up. I need to know what to do OT.

Relationship Cliffs: We were each others longest relationship/ first love, dated for over a year, I bought her a promise ring she still wears (don't hate)

2. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

There's really nothing you can do :dunno: You fucked up, and the ball is in her court. The best thing you can do is try to move on like it's over and maybe, just maybe she'll come back to you but it sounds doubtful. Being continually hurt for a long period of time like that - enough to end a LTR - is pretty irreversible. Particularly because she sounds like a strong woman [the one that stayed long enough to give you a chance, but ended up breaking up with you when she knew she deserved better].

3. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

the only thing you can do is make sure you don't make things any worse. Tell her that your sorry, you realized you made a mistake, but you are going to respect her wishes.

then don't get caught with other women, don't drunk dial, and just in general make yourself an appealing option for her.