I think I fucked up...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by drinks11, Oct 10, 2005.

1. drinks11

drinks11 I record music.

Ok so I just got a Powerbook that came in this morning, and as I was first starting it up, it asked me to put in the user name of the computer. I entered drinks11. Then I started to load programs and stuff and sometime hit rename drinks11 and changed it to Woods. After adding more programs and changing stuff around, one program asked me to either log out or restart to activate...and I logged out. Now it logs me in as drinks11 (as far as I can tell) and everything is back to default. In the HD I can see both drinks11 and Woods under users, and all my files and stuff are under Woods.

So my question: is there a way to either get back to the Woods profile permanently or just move everything over to the drinks11 profile? Or do I just need to delete everything out of Woods and start over?

2. colosodian

colosodian Next Gen

Congrats on the powerbook. If it were me, because of my want for everything to be perfect, I would reinstall the OS and all apps.

You can just move all the files from woods, to the drinks11 drop-box. That seems easiest.

3. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

burn a cd with some of your documents and reinstall. do it right!

4. Eye For The Winter

Eye For The Winter New Member

I'd just start all over.