I think I fried my CPU **HELP**

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LIQUID, Jan 13, 2004.

1. LIQUID

LIQUID #HarambeBless

:embd:

OK so ever since I installed my 9800 vid card my computer has been running pretty hot

ok...so i bought a new case with lots of fans (doesnt come in till weds)..problem solved..wrong

I left my computer on today cuz i was downloading something....i come home after work and i turn on my monitor and the light is blinking..i move the mouse to wake it up...nothing happens...keeps blinking...hmm...i think to myself :hs:

I disconnect everything and open up the case....nothing looks burned...i plug in the essentials...and turn it on...the system check text comes up (that shit that tells you whats on your computer)...then the display goes blank and starts blinking

Is my CPU shot? :wtc:

I was gonna upgrade the CPU anyway...but it'd be nice to not yet as i am strapped for cash :o

How can I tell what is wrong with my comp? :sadwavey:

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

So the BIOS show the post info but then dies after that.
    Sounds more like the mobo is dying.

I had this happen to me once. My CPU is still fine and is still running to this day (me being here is proof) but the mobo went belly up. Got it replaced and all was good in the world, well atleast in my world.

3. LIQUID

LIQUID #HarambeBless

I do believe you are right :sadwavey:

I called my local computer guru

he said that the agp slot/mobo is probably shot...he will check it out tomorrow...well i was planning on getting a new mobo + cpu anyway....

I was going to move my computer to a new case i bought anyway...and i wouldnt get to it because i will be out of town...guess now i can have him work on it while im outta town :coold:

new mobo shouldnt set me back to far :hs: