MMA I think i broke someones arm today

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by AK-47, Sep 27, 2006.

1. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

Me and another guy were rolling, i sweep him and get to side, take his arm and get an americana on it. He doesn't tap and i keep pulling, all of a sudden this loud pop and what sounded like paper being torn comes from his elbow and his arm goes all limp. That shit sounded fucking nasty, I went :ugh: and started yelling at him for not tapping.

Our trainer is on vacation so he let us use the place if we're carefull without supervision. The guy just got his clothes and left class, i hope i don't get in trouble :wtc:

2. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

hes gonna need amputation, hope you got a good coverup story for why hes got a stump for an arm when your trainer gets back :eek4:

3. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

he's already been pissy because there have been a few injuries in the past month

4. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Sounds like a dislocation, not break. I'm surprised that someone didn't drive him to the hospital. Be more careful next time man. Sounds like you were rushing things. Just because someone doesn't tap, doesn't mean that you keep going to the point where you are using enough force to dislocate a joint. If it were real life or maybe a tourney, fine. I've only ran into one guy who had a big enough ego that he wouldn't tap when it is absolutely clear that I had a sub so I let go and told him to fuck off.

5. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

yikes :eek3: ...maybe nows a good time to switch schools

6. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

nobody really noticed it, he just got out quietly. I hope it's only dislocation i felt bad for him. I honestly didn't mean to break it, i wasn't using that much force i was just trying to make him tap. I thought i'd need alot more pressure to make something like that happen, i'm too inexperienced, i know better now.

7. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

we'll see when Larry gets back :noes: he's been going apeshit on some guys lately. He was drilling GnP with a guy and the dude hits him kind of hard in teh face a few times, Larry just goes off and went ballistic, rolls him and starts elbowing the shit out of him. Everbody in the room just stopped and went :eek3:

8. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

run for it nga

9. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

that negro's gonna elbow you :mamoru:

10. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

wow that doesn't sound like that great of a place to train honestly :eek:

seriously though that sucks but injuries happen, especially when someone's too stupid to tap

11. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

yeah, the guy said somethng like i thought i could roll out, guess i should've tapped. And i don't really know what to think of the place, sometimes it's really cool and sometimes it's really awkward.

12. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Breaking bones make more of a crunchy popping sound more likely dislocated.

13. Shrug

Shrug Die in a Kimbo fight

:werd: guy sounds like a dick

14. Bausk

Bausk New Member

This is all around a scary story, especially since when your insrtuctor gets back he's gonna go all Tito Ortiz on your face. :noes:

15. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

wow, you practicing GnP it gets a little rough, then the instructer starts elbowing you in the face??? Damn where i train we don;t even use elbows in instructional, and also when sparringg, have to be very cautious with elbows, maximum 10%. Christ get a new school

16. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Word. Some places go way too rough in training. Boxing and grappling hard sure, but other stuff like GnP... you'll just get hurt in training.

17. DSPNLM

DSPNLM New Member

It's a little tougher when you're inexperienced, but when I'm rolling with someone in training and I catch them in something I'll usually just let go and reset in the guard or just move on from that position, I know I caught them and most likely they know it as well, besides, no one "wins" in training. It's keeps a better team atmosphere if you keep egos low in training and don't worry about tapouts.

18. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Exactly how we are. We call it "catch and release", just like fishing. :rofl: If the guy really wants to fight, let him fight a little. But if you know you have it, just let it go rather than possibly hurting someone.

19. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

yeah i think thats why my trainer got mad, they were just supposed to hit each other very lightly and the guy he was sparring with hit him hard a few times, thats why he went apeshit on him. He was yelling "is this what you want?!?" as he was hitting him.

On a side-note i saw the guy today, he was back in class and said his arm was extremly sore but he could still move so he doesn't think it's broken, i'm glad since i really don't like hurting people.

20. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I understand an instructor should put someone in their place if they are out of line, but that's a bit overboard. Oh well, I bet he learned his lesson.

21. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

yeah the guy was always kind of cocky, he's VERY humble now. I agree though, i don't think it was the right method.

22. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

"catch and release" I like that :rofl:

23. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Things like these are why I only roll with white belts that I know and only ever do gnp with blues and up.