SRS I think I am making progress in my life

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by fallenauthority, Feb 18, 2007.

1. fallenauthority

fallenauthority OT Supporter

Ive posted here a couple times before, mostly with girl situations, but this one is not completely a girl issue, it partly is but once you read you will understand.

Ok so this girl Amanda I have known for like the last year and a half, been a great friend of mine, she always confided in me with what was going on in her life, always were together and were basically best friends. Recently she has started things that I dont approve of, she started partying A LOT, every weekend she could, getting piss ass drunk, etc. She is 17, I am 18 btw. I party on occasion, good way to have fun and let loose occasionally. She knew if she kept doing it she would be in trouble, not with the law and all that but she knew she would lose control of her life if she continued, so as of now she has been sober for 3 weeks.
    She has always had self-image issues, cause she used to be overweight when she was younger. She used to be bulimic(last year), so this is always a worry of mine that it might come back. Over the past month or so, i have noticed I have not seen her eat anything whenever im around her, NOT ONCE, which worries me, she has been REALLY tired lately, which leads me to think she is just not eating but maybe once a day if even that sometimes. I havent brought this up to her yet. Dont know if i will. She used to cut herself, 2 years ago, before i knew her. And also, recently she has started smoking, her excuse? "It makes you skinny" which is such a crock of shit. STUPID STUPID reason to smoke, smoking is stupid anyway, even though i might grab a cigar when im really trashed, she is doing this regularly. She knows I HATE smoking.
    Ok, now to tell you, about 3 weeks ago I asked her out(i know smart choice eh? But seriously I love this girl to death, i may be stupid for it but I do)
    Last week sometime i brought up how she should stop smoking, she said she had 2 left and she would be done with it. Last night I was over her house with some friends, i heard her talking to this girl about smoking and how she wanted some cigarettes, and they started talking about how they could get them, then Amanda says "OH DAVID's 18". I give her a nasty look and say fuck no. She just continues on in her convo.
    Needless to say throughout the night i was pretty pissed. Not only does she pretty much disregard what I think but she has the nerve to think I will buy her cigarettes when i told her i hate her smoking.
    Today I talked to a friend of mine about this whole thing. And it was then that I realized. I am not letting her make her own mistakes. Even though her stupid mistakes may bother me, she wont learn unless she tries it and figures out how it could fuck her life up. So I have realized I need to let people make their own decisions and just relax about it. I have made dumb choices, ive learned from them, I know I never listened when people told me not to do them. Growing up is some shit. Thanks for reading this REALLY long post.
    Am I going about this the right way? Should I just sit back and put in my opinion occasionally instead of basically trying to control what she does to keep her from doing stupid shit like getting trashed all the time and smoking?

2. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Yes you are doing the right thing. You are not her parent and it is not your place to tell her how to live her life. I do think you should try to have a serious talk with her about the eating thing though. Don't be mean or accuse her of anything but tell her that you've noticed her not eating and you are worried about her. I would also encourage her to see a counselor. This girl has some serious issues and needs professional help.

3. fallenauthority

fallenauthority OT Supporter

Well I guess it doesnt matter anymore. She is going to be breaking up with me in short order. Kinda wish I wouldnt have been surfing around our friends myspaces now. Thats where i found it, in one of our friends comments. I hate this.

4. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

Leave her alone, if she loves you at all she will be coming back to you after some major fuckup..

You are wayyy too young to get involved in drama, trust me, it will all come later.