SRS I think I am falling into depression..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by WeRdToYoMoThA, Jul 27, 2005.

1. WeRdToYoMoThA

WeRdToYoMoThA Girlies on Standby, Waiting to say Hi

Lately, over the last few months, i seem to be more and more depressed as time goes on. Me and my gf broke up about 3 months ago, and I am VERY slowly getting over that. However, moreso than that, it seems I have little to no social life. I hang out with friends maybe once a week at best, and yet I always have to call them. I almost never get a phone call to see if I can hang out, and as a result I am rarely in the mood to hang out with people. When i do call them, they rarely pick up, and never call back.

:sad2:

2. WeRdToYoMoThA

I am going off to college in September, far away, where hopefully things will start to be better and I can meet some new people.

But until then, I don't see much of an opportunity to be happier.

3. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

You are gonna have to make efforts to meet new people. Or rough it out through Augest and see what happens. Personally I would rough it out.

4. WeRdToYoMoThA

there isnt much of an opportunity for me to meet new people :dunno:

5. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

I'm sure you moving in September WILL make things better... like a clean slate.. new friends.. new area.. should be cool. Just gotta hang in there for a month more man.

6. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

you say that but if you put your mind to it you can meet new people.

just look your very best and join bible groups, clubs, and that type of shit. you can meet really cool people like this, hot girls, decent\great buddies...

7. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

:werd: let the noose go loose :) j\k

8. WeRdToYoMoThA

i have no acces to these types of places.

im an atheist, so i dont go to church.
    i dont know places with clubs
    i dont go out to bars

and even if i do find myself somewhere where i can meet people, its all in vain since i cant really make a great lifelong connection with them in less than a month.

9. WeRdToYoMoThA

i hope so :hs:

but coming home in the winter/summer will suck too :wtc:

10. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

11. beanolo

Basically you just need to get away from the area. I'm assuming you breaking up with the gf recently isn't helping because things in the area only remind you of her. Since you are leaving... do something different.. exercise, working on something, hobbies.. you can't rely on other ppl/places to make you happy, you have to make yourself happy man.

12. WeRdToYoMoThA

its not that things remind me of her... its that i think of her regardless. whenever i am driving, i am thinking about how i fucked up and what i should have done, things that would have made me happier now (kicked her to the curb long before she hurt me)... i have been trying to work out nightly, but finding it difficult since i work nights, and the gym is very crowded during the times that i am actually awake.

the first few weeks/month after we broke up were a little easier, since i was hanging out with friends more, and i stayed busy, but i am finding that difficult to do now.

13. beanolo

Well its normal to think about her, specially when its hard to keep busy. I'm pretty much in the same boat so I know what you mean. You gotta stop thinking that YOU did anything wrong... stop thinking about the what-ifs... fuck the past man. What's done is DONE. Unless you have a time machine to fix shit, don't dwell on it.

Only worry and think about NOW. Present and future, and how you can turn shit around on life to make things better. Obviously your ex isn't going through depression issues without you, you shouldn't breakdown either.

14. WeRdToYoMoThA

its not what i did wrong, its what i didnt do. i put up with so much shit from her that i didnt deserve, and i really shouldnt have put myself through that. I understand whats done is done, and i remind myself that whenever i catch myself thinking about the past, but it still makes it hard.

my ex isnt going through that at all... in fact, quite the opposite. the cliffs of our break up is she broke up with me, said she was bored of the same shit and was too young to be tied down. she ended up taking a lot of my friends with her, who are simply friends with her to get in her pants (she denied this to me, but i think she was lying to me about that too), and a few days after we broke up, i get a call from one of the friends who was at her house, thanking me for the condoms.

basically, she took out the condoms that were in her room, showed it to one fo the friends, and had no objection, possibly even encouraged, him calling me and suggesting that he is using my condoms to fuck my ex.

i was tempted to drive over there and take a baseball bat to both of their faces at that.

15. beanolo

Well even moreso that shes a whorebag, definitely don't stay hungup on her. Trust me man, a move to college will do you good. Don't even trip about shit now.. just do what you gotta do before the move, and when you get there, don't look back. The last thing you want is to bring this depressed feelings with you, noone wants to make friends with the new emo kid.

16. WeRdToYoMoThA

i am trying really hard to do get myself past that... but its hard without a good distraction. i just got home from the gym and it made me feel a lot better, but alas, its only temporary.

17. beanolo

You really gotta work out, keep busy to the point where you will just go straight to sleep when you get home. If anything, to help that, try setting your alarm to wake up earlier so you will be tired by the end of the day... worse shit is being stuck up late at night because thats when you feel the most down usually.

Hang in there man, you're almost there.

18. WeRdToYoMoThA

i work from 10 PM to 6 AM, so that isn't really the case. it just sucks when i hav the night off and i end up sitting at home.

i don't really know why that is, if i look at myself from the outside, its not like i am a bad person to hang out with... a few months ago i would spend almost every night out with friends, playing poker, etc... and yet now it happens much more rarely :sad2:

19. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

things WILL change with you head to college.

do yourself a favor and BE OPEN to meeting other people. you won't like everyone you meet as with most arraingements, but you should be able to build a good social network if not with people in your dorms and classes but through clubs on campus.

20. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think a major point in this all is that you are at least responsible for making things the way they are.

Your making it yourself extremely difficult, along with your comment that there's no space in the gym. There is never space for you in life , you have to create space of your own in a non violent manner so to speak. You have a car you can drive anywhere. You are very unpopular amongst your friends for some kind of reason, they will enjoy your company more if you put love and light into their lives, and if you help people out. Remember NO ONE wants to be around a negative emitting stupid remark making person , you want happyness and laughter yourself, i bet your friends want the same. I think it just requires a change in attitude and being more resourcefull. Replace your ex-gf with a new gf to get rid of your depression it can be the start of a new beginning. Give yourself some slack space, and move on with your life.

21. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

You are, in short, cutting all the options before you've even used them. You can go to bible meets and be an athiest, at least see what it's all about. Then you get to meet chicks and guys.

Go clubbing. Drunk people are so social, you know this.

I don't know what to say. Myspace sucks for meeting people and your best bet is to put yourself out there. I was just biking around the other day and a girl asked me to help her fill up her bike tires cause they went flat. If I didn't have a girlfriend I could have asked her out.

If you put yourself out there... you get results. Get a job for this next month and just talk to co-workers.

And make sure to always have a positive but 'dont fuck with me' aura about you. Your friends berated you because they thought you were a bitch. Personally I cut off people like that as soon as I meet them and I really cut into them if they fuck with me. I'm no bitch, there's no excuse to be one either. Assholes prey on people who let them be preyed upon, so it's a good call to gtfo of there

22. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

they will. But if you keep on the same act then you will fall short in college too, and that's the big time.

get a job and socialize with coworkers for a month. the more people you expose yourself to, the better you become at social interaction. I used to suck at it and have social anxiety, and now I can talk to anyone, period, no problem.

23. WeRdToYoMoThA

i dont think i am bad at social interactions. i dont have a problem meeting new people, it just seems that the people that I know now are bastards to me.

when I was at orientation, I met a lot of people there, some that I still talk to online now and have plans to meet up with as soon as we move in, and one that I am talking about getting an apartment with.

I think the problem I have is that I have too long of a history with the people I know now, and there are a few things they dont like about me, and has thus combined to make them not want to hang out with me :dunno:

24. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

To tell you the truth I had the same thing happen to me. I hanged around with the same people every day and I was not an asshole.

Since I wasen't an asshole who was always nitpicking on people, they assumed I was a pussy. Then that made me a target. Eventually it came to the point where it wasen't worth being around them, I would feel better off alone. Alone is not a good feeling, but it's better then being around those you hate.

But then I have to look at the backgrounds of my ex-friends. One is an adopted, very obese ugly guy who weighs at least 300 pounds (he broke my scales when they hit 300... :hsugh: I have no reason to shit talk him on here, it's just that sad).

The other pretty much is rich but his father and mother are never there, he's a single child. He stole 3 of my bikes and he has charges laid against him, because he was using the bikes to go get drugs.

In reality I had it all. When they started coming over to my house I first noted their jelousness, as some things went missing. I then chose to cut them out of my life.

You have no choice but to move on. I have many many better friends who would never do that, and like you I have to wait another long boring month to see them again, or in your case meet new people.

What am I doing? getting a job. I was talking to a girl at a place today and she was really nice. Co workers can be cool to talk to, and you get paid for working too. I think that is the perfect supplement you are looking for right now.

Suggestion : work at old navy, that is exactly where I am trying to get a job at right now. Plenty of hot girls coming in and out, and your co-workers rule. I hate the store and I hate the GAP but the working enviroment is just stunning.

25. BradUF

BradUF Guest

God I wish people would leave me alone. I have so many friends and so little time. Its depressing I dont have enough time for just a few people in my life.