WEB I think a newbie sticky would be a great idea

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mutilus, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Mutilus

Mutilus New Member

For those of us who have only just now discovered the power of the internet for business and are exposing some of it's uses, a sticky about that subject would be great. Explained from a non-technical aspect, in simple terms.

Some examples of questions that could be answered...

Why is my domain host so slow to load my site and how can I fix this?

How do I more quickly load information into my mySQL database froma spreadsheet?

How do I expose myself to algorithmic search engines to get the best return from traffic?

and so on... I guess of course, we could make a thread for each, but it would suck for those of us who are business owners and not highly tech savvy, to have to translate techno-speak into common English every time we read the posts.

2. Franchise

Franchise New Member

I agree with you, and also another sticky for possible work contracts for coders and or business/marketing people like yourself. It would just clean up the forum instead of 100 threads about "newbie" questions we can just compile it into one thread and instead of 100 threads about "needing coders" we can have 1 sticky also.

What you guys think?

3. Mutilus

Mutilus New Member

I like the rent a coder idea too, I know I could use some help here and there and would pay for such services.

4. Mutilus

Mutilus New Member

That would work nicely. As long as I can get free information as I learn how to do all of this stuff. :bigthumb:

5. Nakon

Nakon Guest

include something about using google before asking questions