SRS I suck at life v. 2

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SubThermal, Jun 21, 2005.

1. SubThermal

SubThermal Colder than Cold

everyone is good at something, cars, computers, audio, socializing, technology....

and these things can be applied to everyday life....but me....I sit here all day and surf the internet and play video games....im 16 btw

I just cant bring myself to change the way I live, its all I know....

I just dont see myself surviving on my own, much less going to college or getting a career...

I have good grades...but that doesn't mean shit when you're surviving in a society :mad:

:wtc:

2. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

when I was your age... all I was good at was sleeping and stealing shit... I didn't care about school, home... anything... Trust me... you'll find your nitch.. it might take some time, but it'll happen.

3. dazed

dazed New Member

You're 16, you shouldn't know any better. But instead of sitting here, why not just go out for a walk atleast. Get some fresh air.

4. Daniel2k5

Daniel2k5 Guest

I've spent the last 4 or 5 years thinking that way...

not everyone can do something, man. I might have talents and abilities but that doesn't mean I always used them.

I spent my time at your age doing the same fuckin thing,
    don't feel too bad about it because sooner or later all you will be able to think about is 'life'... and you will look back and remember those days spent playing video games as a GOOD TIME.

Trust me, everyone else is out there stressing and having drama... you don't need that, you've got a couple years of REAL youth left to throw away :)

It's easy when you spend all day inside or with yourself to think that everyone else has it great:

they don't.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Look, i have lived life long enough to understand that, your carreer,your money, the car or house you own, the position in life that you have,your diploma's they all mean nothing in life.

The only thing that matters is your loving intereaction with other people, and helping other people out. Without Love life is meaningless.

Everything that nowadays sick society values high is fake and empty, ask yourself why you should be demanding things from yourself in the first place?! It only makes you unhappy, be your own judge instead.

6. [Cyanide]

[Cyanide] Active Member

I did the same thing at your age, I'm now 24, starting my own business, have my own apartment, a wonderful gf and I didn't even finish college! (Not that I'm saying you shouldn't.)

And I still like playing video games & playing with cars & playing with cars in video games! :big grin:

You will find your place/niche in life.

Things will look better :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  7. Metacomet

Metacomet Guest

Hey whatsup,

He's right: things do look better in the future if you find your place/niche. Figure out what you want to do, who you want to be: don't worry about particulars like what car you'll drive or who your girlfriend will be.

I aimed for that approach and realised that I'm going to be an web/graphic designer (artist) and a tennis player. I'm happy knowing that I can excell in both.

Things change, even in a couple years things change big: especially when you're young. I'm 18 myself and at 16 ... I don't think I had an ounce of self-worth.

8. seven

seven New Member

Your 16, and you are good at somthing, making gifs.

when i was 16 all iwas good at was sucking.

It takes a while to figue out what to do with life, and how to make it.

you don't need to be worried.

9. Bleed

Bleed New Member

you know what's funny, i have a really good friend that's just like you. he spent from 16-21 living at home just playing video games all day and playing with computers. he even dropped out of high school because of it.

funny part is, now he works for Activision, his company made Call of Duty and he works full time as a system administrator for them. he bought a house in Southern California, drives a e46 BMW M3, and has a cool girlfriend now.

my suggestion to you would be to stick with what you are good at and make it work for you. if videogames and computers are all you know, then there are millions of videogame developers looking for people like you that have a natural interest in the work they do, in addition to having good general computer knowledge. don't let your current situation be a depressant, but just look for something you can make out of it.

10. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

You sound a lot like a good portion of today's youth. Sitting in front of the comp and playing games all day won't do crap for you in life. Find a hobby. At least get off your a$$. Quit feeling sorry for yourself.

11. johan

johan Active Member

It is possible to turn off the computer once in a while.

Its NOT because you "don't know how to do anything else". That's nonsense. Of course you know how to do lots of other things. You're intelligent. You can learn.

What you're actually afraid of...is meeting and interacting with other people.

It's summer right now. Why don't you start playing some sports? If you suck at sports, play something simple and team oriented. Like super casual recreational soccer. Kicking a ball isn't hard. Play defense. It's not hard to run after someone and harass them. You don't need to shoot accurately.

Suck it up and go do something. ANYTHING. Don't be afraid of really sucking badly at it. Laugh at yourself and keep at it. It won't be long before you're ok, then semi-decent, then...you're actually GOOD at it.

This is a valuable life lesson. More valuable than mastering headshots in Counterstrike. You're learning to master yourself. Mastering your fear. This gives you inner strength. Ya know...COURAGE.

Ride a bike. Go hiking. Get OUTSIDE. Do something that involves other people, and that's FUN. Like sports.

Or just go outside. Bum around with other guys. It's not hard. You must have some other friends. Get off your computers, all four of ya, go poke that dead body down by the train tracks with a stick.

You must start hanging around other people. Do it. Start tomorrow.
    Ask for an OT self-ban for a month. OT will still be here in August.

Oh and by the way, your computer skills won't disappear just because you start being more comfortable around other people. Just the opposite actually. A guy who has excellent tech skills, AND is good with people...sounds like management material, as opposed to just another painfully shy/introverted techhead.

You just gave yourself a leg up in the world. Trust me. Developing yourself, mastering fear, building courage -- this will serve you well in your life.