SRS I strongly believe I have ADD/ADHD, 99% Positive I have this, Help & Support Needed.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by alwaysth, Jul 26, 2009.

1. alwaysth

alwaysth New Member

Been thinking about my pschologist times in the past, my parent's beliving me to have this, and the knowledge I picked up from reading and I can relate to nearly evey single condition/list that would present me to have this. I'm 99.9% positive that I have this, as well I have proof with grades, family history, personal expirence, etc.-- I believe this is the condition that is destroying my life, simply I need help.

:wtc:

Also how do you get diganoised? Do you ask you questions, fill out forms, please explain so I can be comfortable during this.

I'm going to see someone about this, but who do I have to go to to have them evaluate me? My primary docotor is a pedatrican, and I don't want to go to him anymore, I'm too old. I have the best insurance out there so this is not a problem.

I have realized someting I have been hiding for so long now, and am going to take the steps to get treatment. Any help would be appricated on this.

If anyone else has this, please fill me in more, I'm very interested and hopefull.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
    Web address: www.ninds.nih.gov/health_and_medical/disorders/adhd.htm

Attention Deficit Information Network, Inc. (AD-IN)
    http://www.aafp.org/afp/20001101/2091ph.html
    http://www.aafp.org/afp/20001101/2077.html

475 Hillside Ave.
    Needham, MA 02194-1200
    Web address: www.addinfonetwork.com
    Telephone: 1-781-455-9895

This is some supportive information on Adult ADHD,

Its normal to try to hide these kind of diseases, nobody wants to show something off that they would consider as a weakness, but its important to say 'to hell with it, and step over that shame' because you don't want to walk around for years and years, only to find out that you either had nothing, or that there was a simple cure for a problem that you been dragging around. I did the same thing, i thought i had a horrible disease for many years and when i finally took up the courage to goto a doctor (i even went on a foggy day so no one could see me, nor did i tell my family about it) and then went to the doctor who said : its nothing you're completely healthy. :uh: i slapped myself in the face for worrying for years for NOTHING! :hsugh:

So i know about the load that you carry. You don't have to see 'that' doctor, go and see a doctor of your choice, wether it be anonymous or a different psychiatrist, its your life its your decision. My advice is to ask for a consult with a psychiater. I don't go to one but i had to arrange one one time via my own homedoctor, i don't see why you couldn't do the same.

3. alwaysth

alwaysth New Member

I wrote this on another forum, here's more input.

Also thank you for the helpful information, I want to find a understand person that I can talk to and that should help me out. Is there a toll-free number I could call by any chance, actually I'll look it up.-- I'm not sure how to respond to your first paragraph, but I understand what you are trying to relate to me, hopefully I can either disprove this or prove it with help.

4. jonno

jonno New Member

go get checked out by a psychiatrist.. probably one of the best decisions i've ever made.

5. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

:werd: do it man. docs are used to seeing the bullshit that pillpoppers give them, but you sound legit and tried to solve it without meds.

i take adderall and its completely changed my life. i seriously start to cry when i think about how much different my life would have be had i been diagnosed as a kid.

6. jonno

jonno New Member

i'd like to add that it's not as easy to get medication as some people say it is... at least this has been the case for me. i saw my first doctor in april of this year and saw 3 total. took a 4 hour test that would have been thousands without insurance to see if i truly did have add/adhd.. and then finally talked about medication. it was nearly a 4 month process but well worth it.

7. jinglz

jinglz New Member

Dont freak too hard on it.
    jeeze. I have adhd. My mom always told me everyone has it and its not something to really be diagnosed as.
    now that i look from outside the picture; i realize my entire family has it. great.
    I go without meds though, i just figure out around how to get shit done. You just gotta teach yourself to work with it. its not so bad ;)

8. Instantly

Instantly New Member

:werd:

i was just diagnosed with ADHD (as well as asperger's, which combined with the other seems to explain why i'm so fucked up socially) and in 2 days of taking adderall i notice a HUGE difference

and it is really, really fucked up to wonder how much different my life would be if i had been diagnosed sooner. i'm 30.
    luckily i landed into a good career and have a decent paying job that i like, but other than that my life is a disaster :hsd:

9. Instantly

Instantly New Member

it was about 3 months for me. 1 visit to regular dr. who referred me for testing although i found out i didn't need a referral afterward, 3 visits to a psychologist for testing and results (and a bunch of waiting in between) and then 1 more regular dr. visit to get the meds

i felt that it was pretty easy but then again for someone who doesnt have ADHD i have no idea how easy it would be to fake all that, because i didn't have to, lol

and yeah insurance makes a huge difference :hsd:

10. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

My doctor would not give me Adderall instead he perscribed Strattera but the ED that it gives me and the constipation are fucking killing me. I dont know what to do at this point. The first two weeks were awesome but now yet again it blows.

11. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

tell him.

the truth is that docs are onto people fishing for adderall, but go through the motions and let him know what worked and what didn't.

it's no secret that strattera was a major disappointment. Concerta may work better, plus some new things have come out such as vyvance, which is fucking expensive, but apparently is adderall without the amphetamine, or something like that.

It's generic now, so if costs are a concern, also mention that since strattera isn't cheap at all.

Be honest.... most docs in my experience admit that adderall works best but given the pillpoppers who doctorshop, it's becoming rare that it's a 'first choice' drug.

I got it from my prior doc for telling him my extremely long life story and all the shit I took, the side effects of strattera, the chronic paranoia of concerta and the ineffectiveness of focalin, with bottles to prove it.... not much else left really.

12. Instantly

Instantly New Member

my doctor is fucking badass... my old doctors office will not prescribe narcotics (or whatever, lol) so i switched since i figured they were just going to give me fucking strattera which i almost never hear anything good about.
    so my friend referred me to his doctor, i went to him for the ADHD right off the bat, he wanted me to get a diagnosis, which i did, then i went to him and HE ASKED ME which med i wanted to take :bowdown:

i've only been on adderall for like a week and i still notice myself zoning out, having a hard time reading the paper and shit, forgetting stuff... so i'm wondering if i need an even higher dose, i'm a fat fuck so i would assume i need more. :embd: