SRS i still think about my ex every day

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Durka Durka, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

what the fuck is wrong with me :ugh:

2. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

how long has it been since its been "over"?

3. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

heh, i couldn't pinpoint it for sure but i'd guess around 8 months

4. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

maybe you need more time? :dunno:

try to keep yourself busy, and just wait for the time to pass... sooner or later you'll get over it. thats just how humans are.

i don't think anything is wrong with you.

5. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

it's taking too long.

everybody always used to say 'you'll get over it' so i don't even bring it up anymore, but sometimes i start to think that i'll never get over it.

6. golferdude

golferdude Alky Crew

i thought i was finally over mine. then i saw her at the store the other day. hung out for three hours the next day. then hung out for another three hours two days ago, started making out, ended up doing it, took her to dinner last night. now i'm even more in love with her than ever.

7. golferdude

golferdude Alky Crew

so the i'm depressed crew fell asleep?

8. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

yeah that's kind of an impossibility in this situation.

i wouldn't want to get back with her anyway i just kind of miss it and it pisses me off, and then i just hate her even more but miss her at the same time it's really gay. also makes it so i don't know if i'd kiss her of bitch slap her if i ever saw her again

9. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

its called love
    EDIT: i was just wonderin about this situation earlier tonight have u talked to her

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  10. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

You're so lucky! Now let's hope she feels the same.

11. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

awwwww:wtc: such a beautiful story i hope she feels the same way

12. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

We all react to relationships differently. You must understand that love is an extremely mysterious thing. If this was your first, accept the fact that you will remember it forever. The fact of the matter is that time has changed and you need to start thinking about where you want to go with your future and not repeating mistakes that have been made in the past.

It's over for a reason. You may never stop thinking about it: but you will stop lusting.

May I ask how long the relationship lasted?

13. ChillerTwist

ChillerTwist New Member

sorry to threadcrap, but i can't stop thinking about one of my girlfriends either. though it's a case of "unreconciled love" here. lol. it hurts in the chest and it's a bitch to get off my mind. it happened on the bus a month or so ago. i started feeling slight warm pains in my chest and she asked me if they were good or bad. i didn't know what to say at the time 'cause i had no idea what they were from... but now i know. love hurts!

my friends give me the same "give it time" story, so it must be right. give it time :) and it helps to talk/write about it when you really feel the need to, which is why i had to make this post

14. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

I know how you feel dude. My ex and I were together for 4 years, its been over a year and I still think about her alot. Its not the kind of thinking where I want to be back together with her, but more of I just miss her companionship?? I don't know if that makes any sense. Just give it more time and you'll find yourself thinking about her less and less.

This was posted in a another thread and found it to be really helpful:

I know this must be hard on you. You don't want to just throw away a 3 year relationship. All that time and effort will seem to have gone to waste. But the truth is, girlfriend/boyfriend relationships are never permanent. Don't give them too much importance. Everyone breaks up. Until you guys are married, don't take relationships too seriously. Everyone just wants what feels good to them, and right now she's not feeling you. 3 years or 10 years, if you're not married then it's all a bullshit game. Move on bro. Find other girls. We all know what you're feeling. Trust me.

15. KSNIPPY

KSNIPPY As lost as i get i will find you

nothin is wrong with you, its only human to miss someone that was such a huge part of your life. and i definately hear you on everybody sayin "youll get over it" its been 3 month since my ex broke up with me and i still think about her everyday and it sucks. getting over someone definately isnt easy man.:hug:

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Well every time we ever get a heartfelt post from you about how your life is it doesn't ever sound like you are trying to make your life better since her. On the contrary, you've said you're on OT far too much and are very depressed and not willing to make yourself happy....So why do you think you'd be over her? You're not moving forward in your life.

17. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

it was only a month or two, but we were friends way before that.

so it was kind of like losing a really good friend at the same time.

18. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

i don't know, i just figured if i gave it enough time i could just forget a lot of shit then move on without that burden on my mind. i try to do things, doing things doesn't really make me think of her less, so i'm feeling kind of screwed.

19. Dysfnctnl85

Dysfnctnl85 IT/Apple/Rotary/(D)SLR Crew

You have to meet people that care about you. On top of that, you have to remember who you were before the relationship. Now is the time to rediscover yourself. You need to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with anyone else.

20. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

:h5:

i've been trying to do that, but it's really hard. people that care about me though? i'm still pretty skeptical when it comes to that. i always feel like people are trying to get something out of me.

21. Dysfnctnl85

Dysfnctnl85 IT/Apple/Rotary/(D)SLR Crew

If I sound like a broken record, I apologize, but I've been telling everyone this -- trying to recover from my last LTR has been hellacious, but what I have learned is that there are people out there who know exactly how I feel and have been through this kind of shit before. Also, I've revived friendships that I lost as a result of that LTR. I've discovered that there are people out there that care about me. The same is true for you -- you need to seek those people and surround yourself with them. That's what has carried me through so far...

22. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

yeah, i still think about mine constantly, too.. we were together for ~5 years.

but then again, that's because we broke up over something ridiculous and we still talk to / see each other constantly.

23. Avenger97

Avenger97 New Member

yea man , im feelin this one.. as some of you know i said it was over last week.. but a few days later she calls me cryin , and immediately i want to help her..

she still calls me all the time.. still seeing each other quite a bit. don't know where its heading if anywhere.

24. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

I'm going to be blunt with you bruh.. I'm going through some of this ish too, being a friend before a girlfriend kind've thing.

Let it go. I was engaged for a year and was with my previous ex for three years, and it all ended abruptly. I didn't know whether to smack her or kiss her either.. but one thing that was for sure, I always thought about her. You know what it is though, bruh? Jealousy. You're thinking about someone else making her happy, not you. Someone else kissing her, not you. Just let it go.. as hard as it may sound. You gotta remember one thing :

Live with no regrets.. A regret is a decision.. At one point in your life, one moment in time, you made a decision cause you felt it was right at that time, don't look back now.

Keep movin' forward bruh.

25. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

if i'm jealous of anything it's probably that she's more successful than i am.