I spied on her voicemail *short and to the point*

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Brian May, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Brian May

Brian May New Member

I'll make it short but sweet:

Day #1 I had suspicions she was cheating (acting strange, lying about where she's been, playing head games, etc)

Day # 2 I knew her cell's voicemail PW (helped her set it up) and checked out what she had on there. 3 VM's were 3 other guys, 2 of which were thanking her for "last night" Both a day apart :ugh2:

Day #3 I broke it off. Big arguments, lots of drama. In the end she got prego by one of the guys and married him

Am I an asshole for spying like that? I'm not possessive in any way shape or form. I usually respect people's privacy since I had none growing up, but I had to be 100% sure before I confronted her about what she was doing.

2. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

that is like a fine line. i would not like it if my girl checked my voicemail, but that is because I know i do nothing wrong and it shows a sign of distrust. but yeah it is kind of messed up, lucky for you though you did find out she was messing around. But to answer your question and it is wrong

3. phogen

phogen Education is a progressive discovery of our own ig

I had the same suspicions about my last girlfriend. I got into her email, and found a few emails from the guy in question, one of them talking about a kiss they had. Sometimes you just gotta know. And we both had honest reasons to be suspicious. I wouldn't feel bad about it at all, just be glad you got out of there before things got all crazy.

Now just try and find a girl where you don't feel the need to spy on her :)

4. Abomb

Abomb New Member

hey man, good for you. if she was giving obvious signs, fuck it why not. :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

5. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

In this situation with what you have described of it, I'd say you did the right thing, but in another case, well....... who's to know?

6. suspicious

suspicious New Member

You ain't an asshole,

I woulda done the same thing! :bigthumb:

7. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

if you have serious questions to her faithfulness, then idk maybe. it depends if you really think she is and thigns are wierd, or if your just insecure and jealous

8. Brian May

Brian May New Member

I see your from Central Pa? Lemme guess, State College?

9. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

The first time you think you need to snoop through anyones voice mail (email, privatge messages, etc.) the relationship is over.

10. Killa B

Killa B Abuse This!

Nope not at all, Good thing you broke it off, because you would have never been able to have full trust in her again

11. utanthony

utanthony New Member

eh...do the ends justify the means? she was cheating on you, so in the end, everything worked out

12. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 New Member

i pretty much did the same thing with my ex. all of the sudden she was giving my a lot of bs reasons why she couldnt hang out...the worst one was that she had to go have dinner alone so she could read her college catalogue to see what classes she wanted to take. the next day when i was at her place i went through her aim logs while she was in the shower...i found out she was cheating and that was that

13. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

if you can't trust someone it's already over

14. BiffHenderson

BiffHenderson New Member

You did the right thing given the situation.

15. BedBunny

BedBunny Guest

i always use the reverse:
    would you like someone to do that to you?

16. darkrick

darkrick New Member

all my stuff is logged. IRC, MSN, E-mail. Everything.
    The only thing you can't check are my phone calls, but I'd be lucky if I made 1 a week :hs:

But to answer the Q, wouldn't bother at all if my SO wanted to check up on me. All he has to do is not crash my computer in the process :p (for some reason computers hate her... it's strange).

@topic starter: You did the right thing. You had a reason and you were correct in your assumption.

17. LuMpY

LuMpY New Member

Should have done this.. "what? you think I'm that stupid? :wtcslap: (WHACK!) Homey don't play dat." lol Although it'd take a LOT for me to hit a girl. I think you did the right thing. Yea, you invaded her privacy, but you know as well as everyone else she'd never let you see w/o erasing it all 1st. Now, you don't have to worry about her saying the kid is yours!! WOO!!

18. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

If you have nothing to hide... why not?
    His intincts obviously were setting off the alarms.

Generally I would think its only proper to respect each other's space but then again, you have to listen to your instincts sometime.

19. LOLSTi

LOLSTi DTOM

unfortunetly X2 :hsd:

20. GSRwBOOST

GSRwBOOST New Member

You did a good thing.. fine line or no...

when my fiance cheated on me.. i was looking for them on the nights she was cheating so I could blow them away.... suffice to say they are lucky I didn't find them..

betrayal is a bitch and you do what you can to make sure you dont get fucked over and if spying on voicemail is crossing the line.. then so be it.

21. low20

low20 Member

seems fine in my opinion....she lied and got caught, who cares how u did it..hell she let u set up her VM wit her, she knew u had the pin, no big deal...im wit u on this one....

22. Brian May

Brian May New Member

Like I said, I respect people's privacy. I swear on my mother's life I have never done anything like that before.

This bitch lived 2 hours away from me at the time (LDR's suck) so it's not like i got to see her everyday. She would always call me the second she got out of work which was around 4:30 and after dinner time, usually around 7pm IIRC (it's been 3 years since this happened). I didnt ask her to do this, she did it on her own out of habit.

Well, her regularly scheduled phone calls stopped or she called me very late at night while driving home from some kind of party intoxicated. It got to be so bad that i got calls from her like this almost every night. I confronted her in the best way i can...

"You fucking bitch, I know what you're doing behind my back. What do you take me for? A schnook? You think im gonna sit here like an asshole 2 hours away while you suck and fuck every guy you come across drunk at parties?"

*click*

Later on that night she called me drunk, fessed up and said that her new bf Joe was a better fuck than me and all this shit that was supposed to hurt my pride. Oh well, didnt really bother me. She is a childish bitch. Later on after this i saw her in person, covered in hickies from neck to toe.

Me = :Owned:

IBsoapopera

23. Moonlight

Moonlight Guest

well... invading someone's privacy is wrong...
    but since she cheated on u... it doesnt matter