SRS I sometimes sleep 12-13 hours days

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dreammachine, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Dreammachine

Dreammachine The face is everything

i don't really do it on purpose.. i can just go to sleep and i naturally wake up 12-13 hours later.

if i wanted to wake up earlier the only way would be to set my REALLY loud alarm.. and sometimes i can compeletly sleep through that ??

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Set two alarms. Three. I am the same way. Just got to deal with it, and if you're getting up in 7-8 hours in a pattern it gets easier.

How is the rest of your life? Happy?

3. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

I haven't slept that long (Without hospitalization or prescribed drugs) in over 30 years.

I'm lucky when I sleep past 6 hours. :(

4. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:werd: i hardly get 6 hours of sleep a night. there are some days that i don't sleep at all :o... those are my zombie days, but i seem to function fairly well. :dunno:

my philosophy? i'll sleep enough when i die, so getting a few hours a night is sufficient. leonardo da vinci is a prime example here... it's been said (or i've heard) that he only slept 20 minutes every 3 hours for his entire life. he was a brilliant man... continually creative throughout his life as we all know.

anyways... my rant is completed. you may want to talk to a doctor about this because it could be due to an iron deficiency. maybe you're suffering from some sort of anemia. :dunno: you can get put on some meds and pretty soon you'll notice that you have more energy.

humans have an innate sense of routine. it seems as though maybe you need to start a new one ;). it will be hard for at first, but you'll get used to it after a while. believe me... if i can wake up ~5am every day, you can, too... ;) (not saying that'll be your optimal time, but you get my iderer)

5. lauren

lauren Active Member

i tend to sleep forever. most people chalk it up to depression. cant really argue there.

put an alarm on the other side of your room so you cant just hit it in your sleep. has to be pretty loud though.

6. PaZzEsCo

PaZzEsCo New Member

Exactly what chica&buddies said. It could be an iron deficiency. I am anemic and have to take iron supplements everyday. If I forget to take them I'm screwed, I will also sleep 12 or more hours. You might want to go to the doctors to get checked out.

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Lol, i love your display name dream machine :big grin: ha, well it can be completely normal for you to have these hours to sleep. Take all the time you need to sleep, what comes natural to you shouldn't be disturbed. As long as its not caused by depression or other problems ,and you are living a jiffy jib jab life, you shouldn't worry to much about it.

8. Seluryar

Seluryar Active Member

i sleep mostly 11 hours a night, I want to be able to go to sleep at 1 at night and wake up at 7-8 AM naturally without an alarm. I used to be able to do this all the time.
    It might be my medication tho :hs:

9. natasha

natasha Active Member

:dunno: I can sleep 12-15 hours on the weekends...catching up for lost sleep during the week. I don't see how it's "unnatural". A sign of depression maybe, but not necessarily wrong.

10. Dreammachine

Dreammachine The face is everything

:werd:

well, i don't think i am depressed. but when i wake up i get bad heacaches i am thinking it could be an iron defency so i am going to try and take vitamines hopefully that helps :)

11. thats what I had to start doing cause Id hit snooze for hours after my alarm went off, set it on the other side of the room so you have to get up and move to turn it off. That will help you wake up alittle more.

12. DreamMachine..Dont you have a job or anything that you need to wake up for>>

13. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Well, it can't hurt to talk to your physician about this sort of thing. Sleeping for long periods of time is a symptom of depression, but certainly there are people who are not depressed but sleep longer than normal. Headaches in the morning can be caused by dehydration. I haven't heard of the iron defiency as a cause of headaches, but I'm no doctor either. I guess as long as it isn't affecting your life negatively, it's not really a problem.

14. Sharpie

Sharpie New Member

I'm the same way. If I didn't have any responsibilities, I'd sleep 12+ hours every night. Friday I slept around 13-14 hours and saturday I slept midnight-4pm. I wish I could feel rested after 8 hours; I'd have so much more time to get stuff done.

:hs:

15. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I get in the bad habit durning the summer of going to bed at 4am and sleeping until like 5 or 6pm.

16. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

I get bad headaches when I oversleep as well. Then the vicious cycle stays with me the rest of the day where I feel ill. I'll sleep some more to get rid of the light-headedness and headaches, and so forth. Turns out I'll have wasted a whole day away just because I wanted a couple more hours of sleep in the morning.

Take viitamins, but do what I do and go out for some fresh air and sunlight when this kind of thing happens. We've developed through millions of years of evolution (or thousands of years if you want to think religiously) to sleep when it's dark and function when it's light. I think there's been quite a few studies showing that sunlight DOES affect our sleep patterns to a bigger extent than we'd expect.

17. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

some of us sleep more than others, I usually sleep 8-9 hours each night but weekends :rofl: sometimes I sleep 12-13 hours easily :o

About a year ago I was so so so tired that I went to sleep on a friday and I finally woke up on sunday :rofl: (of course I woke up to pee and drink water but that's it), that sucked because my body felt horrible and my appetite got all fucked up :hs:

18. teo

teo . => ? => !

What's your diet like? Do you have a consistent pattern of physical activity, like going to the gym a few times a week, or running, or biking? Have you been tested for sleep apnea or other sleeping disorders?

I found that when I had less refined sugar in my diet, I slept less, and felt more rested. Physical activity increased the quality of my sleep. I've never had sleep apnea, but a close friend of mine has it and since he's been fitted with a respirator (doesn't want the surgery) he's slept better as well.

19. Reznik

Reznik New Member

I find that I sleep during the day in short naps when I am depressed, this is happening a lot lately, my life is not so good. ugghhh

20. JW2

JW2 New Member

I only get around 5 hours of sleep per night during the week and stay busy from about 6am to 10 - 11pm... So on the weekends I usually sleep about 10 to 12 hours per day to make up for it.