SRS I smoke too much weed

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Skofe, Dec 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skofe

Skofe New Member

Im not an addict, I just smoke ALOT. I love weed, I love being high, but it has fucked with my brain. For the past 9 months, i've smoked many times a day, and drank almost everyday.
    I no longer have the memory I used to. I no longer have the thinking capacity that I used to. I used to be a smart motherfucker, and now I'm just lazy, unmotivated, and a procrastinator. For example, I have a french exam in 7 hours, and I havent even studied for it. I just spent today blazing.
    I want to go a week without smoking, to see if it'll clear my head up and bring me back to normal, but I cant. All we do here on campus is smoke weed. We get high before all classes, meals, before we drink, and late at night. If I didnt blaze, thered be nothing to do.
    Ive really lost alot of brain cells... I cant even have conversations with people, without zoning out.
    Will taking time off clear my head? Is there anyone else out there in my same position?
    I hardly remember what I did the night before... its scary.
    Its exam time now, so I think I might try and quit for a lil while, to see what happens.
    I just discovered this forum, and figured it was a good place to finally get all this off my chest... thanks for listening

2. anomaly

anomaly If you weren't around for the original HA.net spli

How do you know you're not an addict? The #1 sign of addiction is using despite adverse consequences. ie. you using even though you are getting more and more lazy, being flat out stupid because of getting high, biggest priority being smoking pot, etc.

3. TheRemains

TheRemains If I sound disrespectful, it's only because you're

Yea, I hear you man. It's kind of hard when you have people calling you up telling you they want to smoke a blunt. Or just coming over to your place to smoke anyways. My suggestion is to find at least one friend that doesn't smoke. Or sit out on some sessions. There's no peer pressure when it come to weed.

4. Skofe

Skofe New Member

I know I'm not addicted because I could stop smoking it this very second, if i wanted to. I just cant because like TheRemains said, theres always people calling me, or stopping by. If I didnt smoke, thered be nothing to do here
    And I dont think I have a friend that doesnt smoke.. but if I did find someone like that, I could try hanging with them as much as possible... What I think i need is a girlfriend that'll set me straight.
    Ive tried turning down sessions, but people are like whaaaaaaat? Or I'll just go out with everyone, and say I wont smoke.. but then I end up smoking, since Ive never turned down a joint in my life.
    Well I just failed that french exam, so I think Im gonna give quitting a chance. I need to clear my mind.. I have so much shit to do...

So here goes nothing. December 6th, 1pm. Lets see how long I can go

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Marijuana is not physically addictive, but it sounds to me like you are psychologically addicted.

Marijuana does not kill brain cells, and if you quit smoking for awhile your memory and mental awareness will go back to normal.

I love to smoke just as much as you do, believe me :)

I recommend smoking the rest of your stash (or sell it), and putting all your paraphenalia somewhere that you cannot easily access.

Then don't smoke for a month or so. You can do it! I quit cold turkey once after about 2 years of smoking daily. I was irritable for about a week, otherwise no problems.

6. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Then whats with the thread? If you could stop anytime you wanted to, i don't see a problem.

The thing about denial, is if you're really afflicted by it, you'd never think you were. I have been in pretty much the exact same position. I got kicked out of college because of it. Today i excel in school and i've had meaningful relationships with women, etc. life = much better without dank

7. Skofe

Skofe New Member

I dont have the same charm with the girls as I used to.. Ive forgotten everything about chivalry

Im definitely psychologically addicted... Every plan that I come up with involves smoking joints along the way....We find it necessary to smoke before we do anything

I have no stash as of now.. we havent bought weed in forever.. just a dime every day... We were making plans to buy a pound yesterday... If we did that, I'll be fucked.. but if I quit, then I could sell my personals....

Im gonna use exams as my reason to quit... I just failed an exam, I cant fail anymore...
    Its been 2 hours, and I havent had a single joint... :sadwavey: Im getting there

8. TheRemains

TheRemains If I sound disrespectful, it's only because you're

I have a gf that doesn't smoke and that definatly sets me straight when i need to be. There is no physical addiction to pot. I quit smoking every winter and summer break, no problem. If you can go the first week without smoking you will be set. After week two you will definatly notice the dark cloud being lifted off your head. Then it's easy.

9. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

10. Skofe

Skofe New Member

I made it! 24 hours later and Im not blazed. I actually do feel better.
    I turned down some nice msessions last night too... Last night I had a dream that I smoked a joint, and when I woke up I thought that it actually happened.

I need a girlfriend likes yours. I found a girl like that, but i stopped talking to her. She said she didnt want to be around me when Im blazed, ever. Everytime I was with her tho, I was high

11. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

:cool:

12. Agent Ganja

Agent Ganja Guest

ive been herb free for about a month now and feel fuckin great.My memory is back to normal, im very energetic, and feel "very clean overall.I used to smoke about 5-6 times a day every single day, now i will probably only smoke once ever 2 weeks or so.You can do it, the first 3 days sucked, but after that, smooth sailing. Good luck bro :)

13. anomaly

Getting clean isn't very hard, staying clean is.

14. spofoman

spofoman Active Member

i smoked every day for 2 years
    i didnt eat for a 3 days after i stopped smoking weed.. and i developed this hyperventilating problem like a month later cuz i was stressed and i was used to dealing with it w/ ganja

but im normal now.. i can actually think, but i'm definently not as smart as i was before i started smoking :sad2:

15. zolonel

zolonel Active Member

i wish you a whole bunch of luck skofe! :hs: we all know you can do it! just remember this! write thread on your hand, so whenever you are offered, you think of this thread... it's really gonna make you feel a lot better once you stop...

16. Skofe

Skofe New Member

Day 5! Still clean :wiggle:
    I feel so much better.. Feels like a big cloud has been lifted from my head. I can make conversations with people, Im coming up with ideas I used to have, and Im feeling great.
    Ive turned down mad sessions. I've just gone into the bathroom with everyone as they were having a bong session, and just passed whenever it came to me. No one cares if I dont smoke.
    Unfortunately its going to end tomorow... We're gonna smoke a 7 paper 7 gram joint as a going away thing for andy, cuz its christmas break for him. After that, I wont smoke anything again till the 21st, when I go home with my buddies. I wish i could keep sobriety up for alot longer, but it just isnt possible.
    On a lighter note, I'm gonna get SO high tomorow since I havent smoked in forever

17. Kyoso

Kyoso New Member

As you grow older, you will learn moderation. My head is much more clear and I get a lot more done these days because I'm not chronned out all the time. I smoke 2-3 times a week of the hydro, maybe two bowls each time, and I'm good for hours. Plus it does not affect my quality of life in any way. I don't put things off because I'm stoned, I don't avoid certain people "just in case", my head is clear and I do not ever jones to smoke. I can be around people smoking reggies and I won't smoke usually just because I don't feel the need to smoke unless it's really worth it. You find that you have more time on your hands. I also will go weeks or even months without smoking, but when I do, damn I get blinted. After smoking for 10+ years all day every day, my head would feel like mush sometimes. It felt even worse when I quit for awhile because I was sober, but still had slower thought process. After a few weeks, I felt so much better physically and mentally. Moderation is key, it's OK once in awhile, just don't make your life revolve around it.

18. anomaly

Buying a dime bag a daily =! buying weed?!

19. anomaly

Don't kid yourself. Why when you yourself admitt you feel better off it, go back to it?

20. anomaly

Dont even begin to lie to yourself that it 'isnt possible' to stay clean. You don't get high if you don't pick up. You are making a CHOICE to pick up. Whatever bullshit reason you give yourself is just that, bullshit. Stop pretending like people are holding a joint to your mouth and a gun to your head and saying 'smoke this or die.'

21. Duc-2

Duc-2 ... hip hop head ...

Well... at least you have cut back.

Im at the point now were I only smoke if I have a reason for smoking. Not just when Im going out and got nothing better to do. The high sucks when your just sitting there doing dick all. I smoke when Im at a party or got somethin to do. That way it keeps me away from it during the week when I gotta do school work and study.

22. doubleb23

doubleb23 Ooooo

Haven't smoked in 6 days. Before that, i can't even remember the last time i smoked. Feeling smart as a motherfucker.

My ex girlfriend didnt like when i smoked around her and i had been hanging out with her a good bit over the past few months so that made it easier to slow down. I'm not with her anymore but we still hang out occasionally so it's still a little help staying clean.

23. Skofe

Skofe New Member

Thats exactly how I felt... Now Im back to the way I was... Did mushrooms last night and it just fucked with my head...
    This coming week will be pretty sober tho. I doubt I'll smoke very much because i have 3 exams coming up.

Anomaly, I went back because I didnt really have a reason to stay clean, and it was boring watching everyone else blaze, and then have good times tripping out...
    that 6 days did me well, and I think after tomorow I'll feel much better.

24. WeeedMan

WeeedMan Guest

I know im new but try not to think of it as that. I been smokin for about 4 years now and i missed like 10 days in between without it and i really dont notice a difference as being "dumber" for example when i started my grades in school went up. I live in a bad town in near Boston, Mass. and there is nothing AT ALL to do but illegal things so its either smoke weed or kill people, I don't think I'm hurtin anyone and I'm pretty sure me blazin has never effected anyone thats how i look at it.

25. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

You're better off killing people in my opinion... that sounds a hell of a lot more fun than going out and using...

anyway, this forum is not for the glorification of drugs nor is it really for saying how much you went out and smoked or for how long...

Skofe, maybe instead of being bored with the same friends who used, why not get a few different friends who don't spend their time bored then resulting in drug use to cure that boredom... just a thought, but you seemed to enjoy the whole being clean thing, even if you didn't enjoy the boredom when hanging out with your old friends...

to me, thats a damn good reason to stay clean, if you're bored with people using around you, why the hell stay around them? do something else with your time, there are a lot more things to enjoy when you think there is nothing to do, just put some thought into it...

the last two weeks I was at my moms living on a farm with fuck all to do ... in a small town with pretty much fuck all around aside from some stores, some cows, and some roads...

so what'd I do?
    I went to a meeting almost daily, I hung out with friends, I put up christmas lights, I went driving on some back roads, went to dinner with different people, I read a ton of books, and generally enjoyed the quiet time I had...

use your head, you might surprise yourself...
    I know, reading doesn't pop into a lot of peoples heads too often, but shit you might surprise yourself if you find something you're in to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.