GUN I shouldnt be allowed in gunshops

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jefferson Darcy, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Jefferson Darcy

Jefferson Darcy Ol' shit chest

everytime I go in one I end up spending more than I expected and wanting more shit :o

I went to get some nite sites put on my Kahr K9 in a shop in jersey yesterday (and they did a SHITTY job.... he dinged one side of the dovetail on the front site with the hammer when it was being put in.... I expect better from a profressional gunsmith... but i dont care so much since its just a carry gun).

Ended up buying a bunch of cleaning crap (which I needed, the stuff I got from the academy sucks)... and now I wanna get a Kimber Eclipse 1911 (which I wanted anyway) and a revolver, prolly a S&W 66 :o

2. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

The Model 66 can nevar lose! :bowdown:

Check out Arizona Response Systems for refinishing, they do really nice work. Friend of mine has a Hi-Power worked over by them, i'm looking into getting a Para Ord P12 dressed up myself.

3. Jefferson Darcy

Jefferson Darcy Ol' shit chest

refinishing what :confused:

if you mean when I said my site was dinged by the gunsmith, I mean the site itself (the part that fits onto the dovetail on the slide, not the slide itself---and only the very edge of that part, not a part that is in any way important and you'd never notice unless u were closely examining teh weapon). I don't really care cuz its a carry gun. Its gonna get dinged. If it was a $2000 custom 1911 OTOH, i would be heated. I was just annoyed that I paid $40 to have a professional gunsmith install the nitesites, and its not a very professional job IMO.

4. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

ooh, i thought you meant he nicked the slide. :o

5. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

i shouldn't be allowed into gunshops for a different reason.

i went monday to buy my bushmaster A3, 16" heavy barrel. immediately upon walking into the store, i saw it on the display rack. i walked over, and immediately upon picking it up, i pulled back the charging handle, checked the chamber, and fondled the trigger. then i put the rifle back on the rack. immediately upon re-racking the rifle and turning my back to it, it decided to dive crown-first onto the glass case that the rack was on, and then proceeded to the floor about 3 feet below. granted, nothing happened to the rifle or the case, but i felt like a complete retard. it was funny, because the guy behind the counter said that's never happened before, but as we were leaving, another rifle, one that no one had touched, jumped off, and was caught in the nick of time by my friend.

so, i guess i induce suicidal tendencies in bushmasters.