A&P I should stick to sports / action photography

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CornUponCob, Nov 10, 2007.

1. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

Did some team shots today, it sucked ass, plus I made the mistake of not taking my strobes with me (2x B1600s, just brought the 580). The sky was 100% blue when I left my house, and 100% cloudy by the time we actually took the shots.

Posing athletes for silly group pictures is a fucking pain in the ass, especially when Mr. Russian guy thinks he's funny and wants to keep dicking around when I'm trying to get everybody posed correctly.

I used loose change to mark their feet positions (we were doing a shot where they're in different outfits in identical poses)... of course we were trying to do it as the sun was going down, so the exposure for each picture is WAY different. I didn't get all my loose change back, those fuckers.

Also, my 10-22 got busted at a basketball game today when a player came crashing down on me. He seemed to have a mild concussion. I on the other hand was fine. Shitty plastic build FTL. (although it does still work just fine, it's broken and needs tape to hold it together). I'll either send it into canon for repairs, or go buy some insurance and wait a few months, then make a claim.

No pics because I haven't and probably won't upload them.

Good news: Basketball went well tonight, like anybody cares.

2. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

Cliffs: I've had a hard day, got like 3 hours of sleep last "night" because I couldn't fall asleep till like 7:00 AM, and I'm venting like a big vagina.

Group shots do not have to be hard, I just wasn't bringing my A game.

3. dano

dano OT Supporter

This beer's for you

4. kristin

kristin my dog > *

Sucks about the lens

5. skolen

skolen Guest

Have you tried getting a more expensive camera to improve your skills in the areas you lack them in? I hear it helps.

6. Jonny Chimpo

Jonny Chimpo OT Supporter

7. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

Yeah, I've been meaning to buy some gaff tape to tape up the lens hood on my 100-300, and I guess I need it more now to hold my 10-22 together. All my friends use it to hold stuff together.