A&P I sent my resume to a photographer seeking an assistant for shits and giggles........

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by LowLikeWhoaF150, Aug 31, 2006.

1. :mamoru: :greddy:

This is part of his reply

some top secret shit has been chopped out :)

Hey Peter,

I would love to meet with you-I have to be honest though I think you may be over qualified. You resume’ is very impressive and the web/graphic work is very nice (nice touch with the flash work). I could definitely use a second shooter and someone who might eventually be interested in becoming a partner. With your experience my question to you is - are you doing the portrait thing on the side while you are making a go at the graphics thing?

The reason I ask is that there is always a fine line between people who have there own businesses in the same field- I have been there and at first it’s nice but eventually it can lead to issues.

Give me a ring or another e-mail and if you are interested possibly set up a good time to get together and talk.

Thanks-enjoy,

Scott

I would post my resume on OT but you bastards are not ready :bowdown:

2. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

:eek5: I was recently asked by a photog to do his business plan and market his work - he want's to get into the resturant/hotel etc area

also wants me to run his new gallery when it opens in Nov. :)

3. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

So how do you feel about the response you got? What's next?

4. Do eeit but make sure you're getting paid right! :bigthumb:

5. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

base salary + comm ftw :naughty: and sneaking my own work in his gallery ftw :o

6. I'm going to meet him next week, he called me shortly after I recieved the email to set up a lunchen. I really just wanted to meet my competition and learn some things about him to see what he's all about. I'm all about being friends with everyone even the competition, this way we can send eachother business and we can share ideas. Also I don't know many photographers in the area, and most photog's are too full of themselves they don't care to talk to any other photographers because they are too l33t!!! And being a second shooter and/or partner woudn't be too bad, this guy is pretty big in my area. And if we run across a bridezilla my ass won't have to worry about being sued! :bigthumb:

7. :rofl: sneaking in your own art sounds like a stupid idea to me, but if you want him to get credit for your shots that's your own business

8. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

Go for it, if nothing else, do it for some experience / exposure. If he's already established and well known in your area, it couldn't hurt to try it for a while. Good luck!

9. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

nah, hes a good guy - porobably would let me throw a few up on the wall

he's got PRIME location too, right in the art district of the city

10. My thoughts exactly. :)

11. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

sounds like a win win situation :dunno: go for it :wiggle:

12. Oh I thought you were talking about one of those 1 day art and wine gallery shows, I love going to those! If he has his own gallery then :cool: if he will let you display/sell your artwork, but it better be :bowdown: or he will just laugh at you.

13. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

he's seen my stuff, i'd have to con him into spending $700+ to frame my 72" chicago panno tho :eek3: most of my good stuff i do not post on OT

he's go a 400 sq/ft gallery, with a 94 ft wall :eek5:

14. Airpoppoff

Airpoppoff Vodka > Racing F1

Congrats Pete, That sounds pretty cool.

15. langer421

langer421 New Member

if his last name is kelby do it!

16. joy division

joy division New Member

Congrats, don't get too friendly though...You'll be his competition soon :)

17. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

18. I already am his competition.

19. Gandi1979

Gandi1979 New Member

pics of your work

20. Ingen

Ingen New Member

if his last name is cubberly, do it too :p

21. nope, don't get it :dunno:

22. MojoDojo

MojoDojo New Member

good luck with this, hope the meeting goes well (or went well).

23. Thanks, I forgot about this thead.

Yea the meeting went well.

I had on nice pants on and a button up shirt, and it was hot so I left my sports coat in the car. I walked to the guys' door expecting an old man to answer. The guy who answered the door looked my age. When he opened the door I said "is Mr ...... here?". The guy said yea that's me, you must be pete. I was like :eek3: The dude looks like 25 years old, had on some faded army shorts and a tee shirt. :hsugh: I was thinking man this is bull shit... Then he took me down to his studio area in the basement..... :eek3: OMG SOOOOOOOOOOO MANY GREAT WEDDING PICTURES ON THE WALLS AND IN ALBUMS AND CAMERA EQUIPMENT LAYING AROUND!!!!!!!!!! I was like DAYUMMMMMMM NIGGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :noes: :bowdown:

Only bad thing is he shoots nikon so I can't borrow his shit, he said he has 2 D2X's and 2 D200's and some D70's, I nave no clue how many lights he has, I donno, i didn't feel like getting caught trying to count his lighting inventory but :bowdown:

his website and his photos on his site look like dog shit so I was thinking I was going to be the one teaching him but
    HIM > OT Photog's no lie!!1 :run: