I screwed up someone kick me in the ass

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by NorthPac, Apr 28, 2005.

1. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

I screwed up; First I compounded to remove all the scratches then polished, when I glazed because the owner keeps his C6 04 black corvette out in the sun and runs round a lot out of town, that took some of the oils out of the clear coat. OK there's where I screwed up I forgot to polish/cleaner and use dawn before I used the Zaino. I put 5 coats of Zaino and took it out in the sun, The corvette looked real cheap, ugly LOL. OH Well I screwed up! The oil from the 3M black car glaze interfered with the Zaino. I don't know why I could not tell how ugly it looked in the shop when I was applying Zaino, I had a strange feeling thou.

This morning took some polish/cleaner and after reapplied the Zaino, on my 3 coat, looks so much better. Not going to make much money on the detail but at lest I know that I will make it right. Someone kick me in the ass!

But the Corvette looks a heck of lot better then before, I took out 80% of the scratches the rest are rock chips and heavy scratches and octsadation.

2. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Zaino doesn't mix well with a lot of other car care products. That's why I don't use it.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Yeah, that and the need to use ZFX with the first coat. I like how it looks on light colors and metallics (Z2 Pro) and it does last a long time but some of the application issues I really don't care for.

My understanding is Sal is working on a true swirl remover that is compatible with his products so the dawn wash won't be necessary.

4. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

thats why you learn how to use a polish in its correct form. for example using it with a cutting pad then a polishing pad so that way you remove the swirls, then you glaze. A lot of the times when polishing i remove the swirls first then glaze after that so when the glaze wears off the scratches are still gone. Live n learn.

5. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

'04 C6? You screwed up again :p

6. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

Well I really didn't screw up, that corvette is like a wild horse taming it was a challenge. I wanted to apply Zaino to it but after two tries I give up, maybe in a later date (Zaino was incompatible with the glaze).

Anyway the back to the other problem, I used glaze to bring back the dark black, but after time the haze would come back in some areas? I never had that happen to me before? I glaze, seal & I'm done. Why was the haze coming back after time after I glazed it and I have glazed it 4 times already? The last time I glazed it instead of the rotary I used the PC on #6 to glaze it. Just have to wait and see if it worked this time. You have to remember the Corvette is mostly made out of fiberglass and it heats up real quick so I only used 800 rpm's on the rotary instead of using 1200rpm's or more and pressing the glaze in.

Good thing that I have the Z6 for a whole week to work on. If you ever have to work on one for a "long time" make sure you have a hoist or jack stands to lift it up. I took pic's before and going to take pic's after and post them using a friends dig cam.

Thanks Scottwax for the help I do appreciate your effort, NorthPac hands ScottWax a cold six pack of premium Beer to enjoy. So Scottwax drinks up and ends up in jail for the night and his lawyer sues me for giving him beer. J/K