i screwed up in a text message. how bad is it

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by NCS, Apr 18, 2006.

1. NCS

NCS Active Member

after meeting a girl i called her up and made a date. i know how to talk to women, i tease them pretty hard, tell them they're losing points when they screw up, make fun of them, etc and usually they love it, laugh hard etc.

anyway after i set up the date (i was playful with her on the phone too) i write my friend "cool. i got a date with her" THEN I SEND IT TO HER.....

to cover my ass in 10 seconds i do a 2nd sms "so how do you interpret that? i love testing people :) " (which corresponds with my style)

the girl doesnt reply to text messages but she always calls back etc. yes, the vag, i could just wait to see if she shows up (i have to call to confirm in 2 days) but basically HOW BAD IS THIS?

2. Neuman

Neuman New Member

meh. if you're honest and tell her you were excited to go out with her that you wanted to let your friends know...im sure she would think it was funny you were so stoked you sent it to her...

3. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

ummm... not bad at all?

4. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Seeing as he uses the David D/Neil Strauss style (the best), that wouldn't help at all to say.

If he is doing everything right, which it sounds like he probably is, she should be seeing him as the prize, and he doesn't care whether she likes him or not, so he wouldn't be bragging to his friends like a little girl.

5. NCS

NCS Active Member

bingo socrates. thats what kills me about this mistake. i made it too obvious i like the girl... which is why i tried to flip it back around. and which is why when i see her, if i do at this point, i should flip it around and go "you know... im sorry if that sms was too forward. but i have to be careful, allw omen want is a piece of ass". or something along those lines.

if i was playing in nice guy land i would have said "i was flattered you accepted and i felt like telling my buddy"

now you tell me what a girl responds better to.

6. Socrates

Socrates New Member

"so how do you interpret that? i love testing people :) "

The first thing she is going to think as soon as she reads that is "huh? What? what does he mean?"

That's confusing. If she even gets that far, she'll think about it even harder now, and the thought of you sending that to one of your friends and accidently sending it to her will get in her head.

You should have said something different, to keep her thinking about whatever you want her to think about.

The best thing you could have done is just changed the subject immediately, by sending her another text message right after that, asking her a question, so she has to respond. If she even said "What did you mean in that one text?" you just say "I meant to send that to someone else, nevermind." then change the subject again, and show her that it isn't even an issue.

The mistake you made was forgetting that it is never WHAT you say, but HOW you say it. Your "I don't give a fuck and i'm not going to jump through your interrogation hoops" attitude would have saved the day, rather than bringing more attention to the comment itself.

You're still okay. I'd just let it go and change the subject everytime she tries to talk about it, and if it comes down to her getting annoyed and just wanting to know, then just say "I told my buddy I found a girl I think might be worth my time, and I meant to send him the message instead of you." Keep it cocky. Everyone makes mistakes now and then, so don't worry about it.

7. NCS

NCS Active Member

i just hope my game with her was strong enough in the first place for this to slide. if i actually lose this girl, whatever. what kills me is how dumb this mistake was. its just like tripping and falling when you're a black belt, in the dojo, doing martial arts. ridiculous shit

8. Penny Lane

Penny Lane happy when it rains

You didn't make it any more obvious than it already is. Of course she knows you like her somewhat - you're taking her out, aren't you?

As a girl who can't STAND when a guy acts too interested too quickly, I really don't think this is that big of a deal. If I were her, I'd see right through your attempt to "cover your ass", but I'd think it was pretty cute that you wanted to tell someone about it. :)

Just let it go, and continue as you were before. And unless she feels like embarassing you, I doubt she'll bring it up either - but if she does, Socrates' suggestion as to how to answer sounds about right.

9. Socrates

Socrates New Member

You fucked up, and you'll fuck up more. It only makes you better each time.

I remember a while back, I was always flirting with this girl at the mall who friendzoned me years back, and I had her eating out of the palm of my hand. Got her number, if she was on the phone when I got there, she would hang up right away to come talk to me, and she would even ignore customers (bad employee) to talk to me.

Then, the day came, where I was going to ask her on a date. Or, in the cocky attitude, give her a chance and see if she is worth it :). Anyways, as I went up and was about to ask her, I got nervous for some reason, and started stuttering. She ended up making a lie (easy to tell by her body language) about going to her boss's house after work.

Did I say "fuck! i'm such a loser, i'll never get in this girl's panties." ---- No, the next day, I walked by her store with a very hot girl I met a few days before, and just waved at her.

You've got the attitude, with the whole "if she says no, who cares?" there are plenty of other fish in the sea. It's just too easy to say something stupid and screw up with one girl, but the more you do it, the easier it gets, and the less you care if you screw up, because you'll have plenty of other girls to go on dates with.

10. NCS

NCS Active Member

oh i know im not worried. this girl isnt special to me (yet). when i go out some nights i meet 20 women, i'll slam half immediately, play with the other half and probably take two or three numbers if it was a good night (lots of annoying girls here).

im frustrated that i didnt "mess up" (i.e. bad execution) but i fucked up (chance). and i hear what ur saying word for word. i guess my question really is, "did a fuck up like this kill the attraction?" and "is it saveable"?

11. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Your mistake was small, and it doesn't really matter.

A text message is just words. Not what you say, but how. She can't see how you say it by reading text, so she only has half the equasion. The much less important half.

Don't sweat it at all, and just have a sincere "I don't give a fuck" mindset and attitude when you see her next. Perception is reality, and if you yourself perceive that you don't care about it, then she will too. She will think WHATEVER you want her to think.

Mindset is the most important part of dealing with people in general.

12. tehexile

tehexile New Member

maybe she just doesnt get text messages :dunno:

13. NCS

NCS Active Member

LOL (she does =P)

14. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

If you're such a ladies man, and meet 20 girls every night, why should you be asking us for help?

15. NCS

NCS Active Member

usually i'm the one giving advice. there are some people on this board who are really good with women, and brainstorming is great, could anything negative come out of that? no. just good things. good ideas, good thought patterns.

16. Socrates

Socrates New Member

There isn't anyone on this board who couldn't learn something through someone elses experiences. All knowledge is power.

Even by reading this story, i'll be double-checking who I am sending my text messages to before I send them.

17. NCS

NCS Active Member

preach on brotha

18. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Sounds like your outer game is tight, but take a look at your inner game.

This is only bothering you because 'it didn't work'. Forget that. If you have the skills to meet plenty of women a day then who cares if ONE does not respond? She may be having a bad day or whatever. If she decides not to respond it reflects poorly on her for not recognizing how fricken cool you are.

You have oneitis. GFTOW.

19. FredBull

FredBull *******

####___####___####___###_ #_______#__#___#_______#
    that 2nd sms ftl
    you sound like a tool

should've just been honest :dunno:

20. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Shouldn't have tried to play it cool. Should have just admitted that you were jazzed that she said yes. That was kinda sweet. The other was kinda jerky.

However, can't be worse that the guy who posted the thread about propositioning his gf's twin sister when he was stoned. It's all about perspective.

21. kristaliah

kristaliah New Member

Agreed.

The second message just makes it kinda confusing.. Shouldve just ignored it and left it at that.

22. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

lol @ overanalyzation.

you're still completely fine. no girl is going to not sleep with you because of a text message like that.

23. sultry33

sultry33 New Member

:mamoru: i like your style....... rather cheeky and def hit with most ladies..

just send another cheeky text man that way it take her mind off it!

she probably figured it out anyway so stop fretting and start playing:naughty: