I saw the most horrid thing today.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Xtreme Racer, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Xtreme Racer

Xtreme Racer Get Some Dome

Well...I had left work to go pick up some smokes and go to the bank. I pull in the banks parking lot......and I see some older guy...hunched over...looking like he was about to die...detailing a car. :o

No big deal.....cool.....he's making some money. However I saw what he was using and i about shit myself. Looking over at him he was using a cheap ass 10 dollar buffer from wal-mart and it WASN'T spinning. He was just sitting there.....rubbing it back and forth not even paying attention to it. :rolleyes:

Upon further inspection he had about 4 buckets in front of the car filled with "products" and to no suprise...turtle wax :ugh:

After going into the bank and coming out..I take a quick look at the car just to see how well everything was working out...wax...built up into the bumper edges...headlights...with NO sign of cleaning it up (at this time he was finishing the last part of the fender). Also.....tons of wax dust ALL over the hood.....nothing on the damn car looked clean :rant2:

Being a little evil...I had decided to stop and talk to him. Asked him how much he charged...trying to be nice. He had said he finished the interior and is just getting done with the wax. $150 for EVERYTHING.

Sorry.....just a little rant.....flame on :rant2:

2. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

3. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

nothing wrong with turtle wax, not everyone wants there car to look like 10x better than the day it rolled off the factory floor :rolleyes: get over it

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

No, there's nothing wrong with it - there's just better and easier to use products. Adding the Turtle Wax part just made the story more rediculous.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

It is a big deal when someone is charging $150 for their work.

6. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Those swirls aren't too bad. I've seen worse.

Ferrari owners are sometimes a little weird. Some of them treat their cars like a daily driver. Just bought it to drive it and don't care how bad it looks, as long as it's washed.

7. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

i know that but this is a $600,000 car...

8. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Money does weird stuff too you.. buy a million dollar car but won't pay $150 for it to be polished.