SRS i relapsed... but there is good news

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by boosh, Oct 29, 2005.

1. boosh

boosh Helmet is always underated....

i was an out of controll pothead in highschool and when i moved away from my home town, i figured it was time to quit... well i went to visit my old stompin grounds and while shopping at the mall, i ran into my old dealer. i ended up spending 3 days with him and smoking around 20 blunts and multiple bongs. this is after quitting for like 2 months.

when i finally came home (2 days ago), i felt so fucking bad... my whole body was tired, i couldnt hardly eat & i was restless. i felt like those 3 days were missing from my life because i dont really remember much from it. i feel like pot has made me stupider... my short term memory is about gone, i forget things really easily, i almost feel like my body is on auto pilot.

but anyway, i decided i NEVER wanted to feel like that again... so i made a promise to quit. :hsd: I deleted all my user friends out of my phone, got rid of all my smoking impliments, and bought a ps2.

i just hope all those straight edge friends i quit talking to will forgive me...:wtc: sorry to rant, i just needed to get that off my chest.

2. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Yeah no problem, many people find that a geographic change enables them to quit for a certain period of time. Eventually, without any help though, they relapse and go back out. This happened to me with pot when I went to college I quit for a while, and took up drinking. Eventually I got back into drugs even harder than before.

I suggest you attend a Narcotics Anonymous meeting, or you may try Marijuana Anonymous if they have it in your area. It is here you will find other people who can be part of your support group, and many of them will know more about your addiction than may your straight edge friends. Narcotics Anonymous is for any addiction, and for people who used any drug (or even other things), and I know plenty of people who's drug of choice was Marijuana. Give it a shot, and tell us what you think of the meeting. See if you can relate, and share about your relapse story when you go to the meeting if you're feeling brave.

3. buninader

buninader SMILE!!! I just got ******!!!

yeah, i agree with eligh, try to head to a meeting, it can really help to have other people supporting your quest for sobriety, its can become very difficuly by one's self