FRK I received an Important PM

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Bubba Atlantis, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Bubba Atlantis

Bubba Atlantis New Member

Hey everyone,

I received a pm this morning and I felt I would share part of it with the forum as I think it is important and I think we should discuss it and I would like to get your opinion for 'advice'.

THE PM

Hey, man, I decided to ask you this question because you seem to have your finger on the pulse of FS. I've been looking at OT for a while now, I post complements fairly regularly in the post your pic and show your parts threads, have never posted something derogatory, etc. In the months that I've been here, I have posted pics in the post your pic thread, several very recently, and not gotten one single comment. Not a "hi", not a "foad", nothing. Any ideas why? Surely it's not the "no av, no care" sydrome because plenty of other people post their pics with no av and get comments left and right. Can you clue a brother in?

So, I have tried to give advice and so forth, but I want to know what some of you think and maybe we can help this individual out, as well as anyone else who feels ignored when they post. Personally I see this as a problem. I know we can not reply to every individual, however, I feel it is important to create as welcoming of an atmosphere as possible and I think this is something we should be working on as a group; to ensure that those that come and join in on the conversation feel welcomed.

I know this would be easier to comment on if you knew the individual so you could inspect their other posts, but I feel it is important to keep this anon. If the individual feels comfortable enough, hopefully they post in here, but I suspect not as this is a fairly private thing. But, anyway, opinions people :)

2. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Pics too small? Low quality camera pics?
    IMO:
    A lot of the pic commentary is between established FS friends...if you're new, you may be being overlooked because no one knows you yet. Sorries you feel ignored :hs:

3. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I may have said that wrong: The best part of post your pic is putting a face to a name (its not a hot or not contest)...if you havent posted in FS a lot, and its not really 'putting a face to a name' it may get overlooked.

4. Bubba Atlantis

That was one of the things I expressed in my response....Personally the only time I go in that thread is to put a face to a penis/breasts, or comments in a thread. Thus, if I go in there, I am looking for someone in particular.

5. 12xalt

12xalt petrolsexual

I doubt it's a matter of being ignored or overlooked, just for the most part people probably saw, appreciated and then just didn't reply for no reason other than they didn't reply.

When I start a thread, I find that there are lots of comments I don't reply to and it has nothing to do with the person, just has to do with the fact that maybe it doesn't seem like one is needed.

I understand that in a post your pic/parts thread, that part of the allure of posting is wanting to know that what your posting is enjoyed by others and that your openess is acknowledged. But just because you aren't quoted or a comment isn't left, does not in any way mean that it's any less of a pleasure than any one else's contribution.

I guess I just spend so much time up in the main forum, where someone can post 20 times in one thread and never get a single comment or reply that I've become immune to it.

If anything, know this, this forum has a ton of lurkers who never post, but I can damn well assure you that a good chunk of them have looked and liked.

6. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

I had posted tons of pics and got little to no response because of poor quality or just bad page placement (bottom of page FTL) and prolly from being new in the FA community. Its nothing to worry about just keep posting.

7. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

:dunno: Play the girl card and start some self deprication and the compliments start flying.

Honestly, if all you come in here for is a boost to you ego then you need to check yourself.

8. Bubba Atlantis

I did not get that impression from the PM and I do not think it is the case. I think being a member on a board is difficult and I think many of them are very 'clickie'. THus some feel it is hard to break into a group. Moreover, I personally do not feel it is bad to want attention or an ego boost. As the member said to me in the pm, he is very complimentary to other members and has never been rude to anyone, so I think he just feels that 'hey, I am being nice, I want the same in return.' He said 'not even a hi' which does not seem to me to be a 'everyone pay attention to me, everyone say how great I am', but more just acknowledge the existence.

Oh, btw, the photos are fairly nice in the section, nice size, nice quality etc.

One comment I did make in my response was that although we do not care if you have an av or not, the one advantage to the av is you begin to match responses to an avatar. The av makes you unique. Thus if you are unique it is easier to recall the other contributions you have made.

9. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

you're posting your pics to share, not to troll for compliments.

10. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

i can see the person's point, but at the same time, there are tons of people posting in that thread, and i look at that thread often, but i don't comment all the time (although i do comment a lot) - sometimes there are just so many new pictures that i don't comment on all of them. are teh pictures just getting lost in the bunches of pictures on there?

11. ~QueenBee~

~QueenBee~ OT Supporter

I've posted and get ignored... I take no offense to it. I have enough self confidance that I dont need reassurance. I'm sure this person is just as yummy as everyone else!

12. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

Sort of like how the "Post your private parts" thread in this very forum has nearly 1.3 MILLION views but not even 8,000 posts? (That's ~160 views for every post, btw.)

I'd say that's a pretty strong possibility.

*returns to lurking* :hsugh:

13. razi

razi New Member

I think part of it is how much you post, and what you say. Once people start recognizing your name, and seeing that you're posting informative, relevant information, they'll respond.

or not. Every forum is different.

14. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

if those are the only two threads he posts in, i dont read most of the commentary in the thread, so theres a good likelyhood ive never seen him post before i saw the picture. and, if i dont know the guy, i probobly dont post anything about his pic :dunno:

those threads are probobly the worst places to innitially get to know someone on this board (unless your a pretty girl that wants to post pics, then your everybodys best friend :o )

15. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

qft

like many on here, i read those threads as a way to put faces to names and av's. every once in a while i see someone's picture in there before i see their actual contributions, and it's harder to put a face to the words when the face comes first.

how much is this person contributing other than pictures? i'm not trying to be a bitch here, just feel out the situation. i am one of the few, maybe, who reads all the stuff in those threads:o :mamoru: and i comment a hell of a lot more than i post pictures:noes: so i do try to make people feel noticed, but like i said, there's so many that people often get overlooked. and if that's the only contribution, i feel it's less likely you'll get noticed. just my thoughts.

16. HouseLing

:squint:
    :wavey:
    :squint:

17. f00l

f00l Active Member

:werd: most people do go post in the "post your pic/parts" to see if people like their parts

people with "perfect" parts do get complimented alot more then others but thats just the facts here and it's been like that for years.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  18. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

eh, who really cares..like Tigre said, if you are posting to get comments, then you're in the wrong place, post in main forum if that's what you're looking for

you are posting pics to put a face to a name imo.

19. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Wow, I didn't even notice the views :rofl:

20. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

i'm going back to lurking also :o

21. HouseLing

that av is creepy :hs:

22. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

:mamoru: I kind of like my creepy av's...never knew it was a re-occuring theme til people started pointing it out :rofl:

:hsd:

23. BlondieAMC

BlondieAMC New Member

I have no av still, and i've been on the boards along time. You can tell from my post count i don't post but every so often. I post when i feel it is nessecary. It took awhile for anyone to notice me and comment back to anything i had to say. Keep posting and you'll be noticed more and more.

24. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Also if you want your pictures to be noticed more, make sure that there is something special about them. Something funny or some different clothing that stands out will attract more attention that the majority of standard pictures.

However, as others have said, it really shouldn't be about just being noticed.

Sportsjunkie - that av really is rather creepy :)

25. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

I know that a lot of us regular/old timers :mamoru: try to at least :wavey: to new people who post pics. Stuff does get lost with the appearance of lots of new pics. Sometimes with n00bs, I kind of wait for more posts to be sure they are not just trolls.