SRS i really need some advice :\

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by gourmayo, Feb 7, 2005.

1. gourmayo

gourmayo Guest

okay guys, heres my story, i'm a freshman at iona prep, which is the best high school in my area, and i have a huge problem. at my old school i was very populer, i would walk in, say hi to matt, anthony, mike, pat, joe, derek, john, vinny, etc, etc, and talk to everyone throughout the day and i generally enjoyed school.

now, however, i go in at 8:10ish walk through the lobby to the study hall (where i print out my homework) don't say yo to anyone, and hardly say anything for that matter. the bell rings and everyone goes to homeroom where i say hello to 3 people, including the teacher and then resume my normal muteness. the bell rings and we go to our classes and during those classes i say hello to nobody, and talk never besides when i answer questions. this happens all throughout the day, even at lunch when i sit with a group of people who i usualy do, they are cool kids and they are cool with me but i barely every say anything.

my problem is is that i miss going to school with all of my old friends (only 1 of my old friends is going to the school i am going to and he is in none of my classes), i miss being able to talk whenever i wanted to whoever i wanted, and generally i miss that feeling of acceptance.

i hate school right now and i feel that i go there, work all day and saying about 100 words a day, come home, do my homework, talk to my old friends, and go to sleep and repeat.

what should I do? i really am unsure if i should try to transfer to another school next year or what.

please help :(

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think you should stop pushing on the brake in your brain all the time. School has loads of people and you can get involved into practically any person that you want to if you make an effort that is, you may find people that are even more funnier then the people of your old gang ,so just give people a chance, and give yourself a chance.

3. gourmayo

gourmayo Guest

okay, ty :)

4. johan

johan Active Member

Try joining an afterschool club of some sort. It might help you fit into your new social situation better. Maybe join track. Or volleyball, or whatever.

And no, I don't think you should turn tail and run back to your old crowd. Life involves learning new things, meeting new challenges, moving from place to place, getting to know new people.
    High school is as good a time as any to learn those skills and hone them in a relatively safe environment.

Look at it this way...
    You could go back to all your best buds and live a safe cocooned high school life. Then let's say, after graduating, you get a great job offer (killer $$$) but its out of state. Are you going to turn that down just because none of the old gang will be going with you? You shouldn't.

So consider yourself lucky that you get to face this challenge when there's much less at stake, and you have several years to figure things out.

Get what I mean?
    (With a little effort on your part, I predict that by next year, you'll look back and wonder what all the fuss was about.)

5. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Start by saying Hello to the people you encounter or cross paths with on a regular basis as you go about your day :)

6. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

not only that, but smile, and at least pretend to be interested in them.

sometimes (not always) but sometimes if one acts interested, and practices it, then it turns into an actual sincere act :hs:

7. gourmayo

gourmayo Guest

ty guys :)