SRS I really Need some advice about the feeling of anxiety regarding my ex

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yardiewrx, Sep 24, 2007.

1. yardiewrx

yardiewrx OT Supporter

The story is that I broke it off with my ex of 2+ years about a year and a half ago now and I consider myself to be much happier now. There was no real reason for breaking it off other than I was tired of the situation and started to get tired of her, so instead of stringing it along and treating her like shit, I broke it off. I have moved on quite nicely; I have plenty of women and lots of good friends that I hang out with and I am very happy now. I generally have the feeling that I love being single. I think about my ex sometimes like any normal person but it is not out of the ordinary.

BACK STORY:: There was a small bit of drama when I broke it off because she started dating someone quicker than I thought she should have.(I know it was jealousy on my part) But she is in a relationship now with that person now for over a year.

My ex and I havent spoken on the phone for over a year, but she often text messages me at least once a month. And after we exchange texts I always start missing and thinking about her for the next few days. All the texts are usually telling me how she is doing or that she misses me. On Saturday night while I was asleep she sent me a text again saying how she misses me and thinks about me everyday and that she is sad.:mb: She also said that every time she thinks she sees me her heart starts racing and she has a lot of anxiety. I just ignored it, but for the life of me I couldnt go back to sleep no matter what I did. I was also alarmed because I find myself doing the same thing. When I think I might run into her my heart starts to race snd i have feelings of anxiety. I have a few ex's that I was pretty close to, but I have never felt like this before.

Now my question is why is she still having some sort of emotional effect on me? Is this normal?? How do I finally rid myself of this feeling of anxiety. I am a borderline sociopath that really doesnt have much emotion so this really feels uncomfortable. What should I do about this situation????

Please give me some advice.......:hs:

2. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

i don't know if i would say that its normal, but i experience the same thing sometimes too. When i do run into a certain ex it does give me this certain rush of different emotions. I really don't feel anything for her other than that but its just when we see each other. I think its the fact that we once did share something real special and we get reminded of that in our own minds. so for a day or two ill be bothered by it but then it goes away and life goes on.

3. yardiewrx

yardiewrx OT Supporter

Ok, thats good to hear that it happens to others too. All my friends just like to talk shit and say i'm still sprung on her or something.

4. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

you two once had feelings for each other, so they bring out a different feeling than others will. I can say im defintely not sprung on mine or anything like that, so i think you are okay if you say you dont.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It's pretty normal. My heart skips a beat when I get a txt and see it's from my ex. I told her not to ever contact me again.

You need to worry about YOU. Change your number if you have to.

6. yardiewrx

yardiewrx OT Supporter

:rofl: That seems a bit extreme, but I will consider it.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It's up to you to decide if that's what you need to do.

8. yardiewrx

yardiewrx OT Supporter

:cool: thx for the advice

9. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

10. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

I agree with everyone else. It used to happen to me a lot with my ex. I'd always get nervous and I'd have all these dif emotions every time I saw him after we broke up. I thought it was because I still had feelings for him. But, they'd always go away after a few hours. And yes, it's just because you guys shared something special at one point.
    Another problem I think you're having is that even though you say you're happy being single, you miss the relationship. It's not the same being single and have many dif. girls, to having just that one that makes ONLY YOU feel extra special. :hs:

11. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Why would you exchange texts with an ex? Are you going to be friends? Try to get back together?